sana88

hii guyz sana here from pakistan..i need your help actually i just join a job as a HR OFFICER.and in offer letter they were mentioned HR OFFICER designation. but after registration in system they mentioned HR EXECUTIVE. i asked from my boss he says both are same doesn't matter..and after completing my probation period they appraise me and on appraisal off my designation was HR EXECUTIVE.I am still confused about my designation its strange but it is:( what should i do ??
From Pakistan, Karachi
sana88

but in appraisal form they mentioned executive and in offer letter they mentioned officer.i can not ask again from my boss:(
From Pakistan, Karachi
anil.arora

I second after Mr. Muralidhar, would like to say that Executive is higher than officer rank/grade. Therefore there is no need to worry about anything but need to speak to your senior in your HR Department or to whom you are reporting.
From India, Gurgaon
nashbramhall

Dear Sana,

You really need to ask your HR Manager to give you the Job Description for both designations. And a comparison of those will highlight if there is any difference. These titles can vary from an organisation to another. For example, in the 1960s when I entered the job market, in one organisation the job hierarchy went as follows: Supervisor (3 grdes), Chargehand (2 grades), Assistant Foreman, and Foreman, etc. A person of the Supervisory grade applied for a job in another organisation for an Assistant Foreman's job, only to find that that job was of a lowergrade than that of a Supervisor in that organisation.

May I take this opportunity to inform that we should check CiteHR first before asking a question, as it might have been covered in the past. I came across https://www.citehr.com/156044-differ...executive.html where it had been dealt with in 2008.

I found that by Googling at https://www.citehr.com/156044-differ...executive.html where there is a link to another a set of exchanges in 2011.

From United Kingdom
itzarsh

Dear Sana!!
It doesnt matter if you are HR executive or HR officer but make ure that there should be consistancy in whatever designation you are assigned. It should not be like this that on salary sheet your are HR officer and in your appointment letter you are HR executive.

From India
ibm2002
Dear Sana,
The position name represent your level of the position title in the organisation. In normal level, the executive level is slightly higher than the officer which is subject to the organisation position categories.
There is nothing that you should worry as long the position level remain the same or slightly higher is OK. There must be some reason for such changes. Either they made the wrong designation and adjust to the correct one or you has met their performance level that make you be in such level and position.
Your confirmation letter designated position should be offically & lawfully be your existing position and level on the said grading. You may check with your boss or the employee handbook to see where you stand in the said & level of executive and also what are the benefits that you are entitle for in the executive level.
I presumed this excutive level is more favorable than the officer level.
Ismail , malaysia

From Malaysia, Johor Bahru
shilpa sajgotra
Dear Sana,
I can understand your concern but the thing if they have mentioned HR executive on your Appointment letter then its really good but as you have said that they have mentioned HR Officer on some other letter.please check does that letter would has some importance considering it for Future. and one more thing if they have mentioned Executive on Apprasial ,that who its understood its HR Executive.
but if you still have confusion then ask your Reporting, its your right to ask,tell him politliy that its muudling for you. but dont show that you are sceptic about your "Designation" a lot...
all the best and dont worry let it be left or right ,you are secured as both the designations are of higer rank.
regards,
Shilpa

From India, Pune
phaniacp

No need to worry about the designation. If i were you i bother only about the learning area. I consider the learning environment and daily improvement. All the best
From India, Warangal
sana88

@shilpa...@..manishayadav....thanks a lot you Indian are really nice..i am from Pakistan and can't believe it that you people help me a lot otherwise now a days nobody think about other problems...i am really gr8ful to you people for these suggestions.luv you indians:)
From Pakistan, Karachi
anil.arora

Hi Sana, As Mr Simhan stated above, there is no India, Pakistani or other but we all are Human and Professionals, Student, Learner.
Second, this is a global site and we having members across the globe for your information.
"I, YOU, WE ALL ARE CITE FAMILY"

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.