No Tags Found!

Manju27

Hello Friends,

“You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk”

Here is a post on Faith and its Power:

POWER OF FAITH

The fields were parched and brown from lack of rain, and the crops lay wilting from thirst. People were anxious and irritable as they searched the sky for any sign of relief. Days turned into arid weeks. No rain came. The ministers of the local churches called for an hour of prayer in the town square the following Saturday. They requested that everyone bring an object of faith for inspiration. At high noon on the appointed Saturday the townspeople turned out en-masse filling the square with anxious faces and hopeful hearts. The ministers were touched to see the variety of objects clutched in prayerful hands -holy books, crosses, rosaries. When the hour ended, as if on magical command, a soft rain began to fall. Cheers swept the crowd as they held their treasured objects high in gratitude and praise. From the middle of the crowd one faith symbol seemed to overshadow all the others a small nine-year-old child had brought an umbrella.

When you do something in life, have complete faith that you will definitely succeed. Never do anything half-mindlessly. Faith is a great foundation to build your life.

Have a nice day.

Keep :).

From India, Hyderabad
job771982
“Mothers' Prayers”

God's best men and women have been reared by a mother's prayers and vows, and a fathers's solemn consecration. Blessed indeed is the life of a man or woman, boy or girl, who has been heralded into the world not only by pain but also by prayer - their advent prefaced by the hand of a father or mother laying hold upon God.

It is said that the true secret of greatness is often traced to a mother's prayers and personal piety. In the diary of a Christian mother was inscribed this record: "This morning I rose very early to pray for my children, especially that my sons may be ministers and missionaries of Jesus Christ". Her life corresponded to her piety, and her influence on her children was blessed. Her prayers on their behalf were abundantly answered. Her eight children were all trained up for God. Five of her sons became ministers and missionaries of Jesus Christ, and the others were well known in the Christian church.

It is recorded in the life of Mrs. Winslow that she determined with God's blessing that every one of her family would appear with her at God's right hand. She wrestled long in prayer; but not in vain, for she had the joy of seeing each of them brought to the knowledge of the Saviour.

It is said that the nine children of Mr. and Mrs. Ida Scudder of India, have given their lives to missionary service in that land - seven sons and two daughters. The only explanation is that given by Mr Scudder: "The children were literally prayed into the kingdom by their mother." She was accustomed to spend the birthday of each child in prayer for that child.

Little perhaps did Monica think of what an unspeakable blessing would follow her long years of agonizing prayers for the conversion of her son, Augustine, and the use God would make of him in after years for His cause and kingdom.

When Moffat's mother pleaded with him to accept Christ as his Saviour, she never thought that God in answer to her prayers would fill his renewed soul with such amazing zeal for the salvation of the heathen, and crown his labours with such abundant success.

It is said that John Newton learned to pray at his mother's knee, and such was the influence of her life upon his mind that, although she was called to her heavenly Home before her son John was eight years of age. In later years, when at sea and in the midst of dangers, his agonizing prayer was, "My mother's God, Thou God of mercy, have mercy upon me." The prayer was heard, and from the time of his conversion the name of John Newton has been honoured in the churches.

It was through Newton that Thomas Scott, the commentator, was led to Christ, as also Wilberforce, the champion for the emancipation of slaves and the author of Practical Views of Christianity, which led Leigh Richmond into the ministry for Christ, Jonathan Edwards, Bishop Hall, Philip Henry, Hooker, Payson, Doddridge, and the Wesleys - all had praying mothers, to which through God they attributed the secret for their success.

"When I was a boy," said a very noted man, "my mother used to bid me kneel beside her, and place her hand upon my head while she prayerd. Before I was old enough to know her worth, she died; and I was left to my own guidance. Like others, I was inclined to evil passions, but often felt myself checked, and , as it were, drawn by a soft hand upon my head. When I was a young man, I travelled in foreign lands and was exposed to many temptations, but when I would have yielded, that same hand was upon my head and I was saved. I seemed to feel its pressure as in the days of my happy childhood, and sometimes there came with it a solemn voice saying 'Do not this great wickedness, my son, and sin against God.'

Many years ago there was a mother in Somerville, NJ, whose son, a young man, began to lead a dissolute life. One evening she begged him not to spend that evening away from her, but he declared that he would. He said,"Mother, I am not going to be tied to your apron string; I am going to go." The mother replied,"Please try to remember that every moment tonight, until you come back, I am going to be on my knees asking God to save you."

The son, with a rude gesture and muttered oath, rushed from her presence, and spent the night in a shameful carousal. It was four o'clock in the morning when he got home. He had managed to keep his mother out of his mind during his revelry. As he got to the house, he saw a light shining through the shutters. Looking in, he saw his mother on her knees and heard her prayer, 'God, save my wandering boy."

Going to his room, he threw himself on his bed, but could not sleep. After a while he arose, then knelt down, and it seemed to him that Christ's power proceeded from the room where his wrestling mother was pleading with God, and it lead him to cry out ," God, be merciful to me a sinner." That very morning he was saved.

The news of his salvation soon spread in the neighbourhood. In three weeks from that time more than two hundred young people had been converted. This young man was the father of Dr T. De Witt Talmage.

From India
job771982
Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~Lillian Dickson

For many, life is like a coin that we can toss and then tell ourselves Heads you win, Tails I lose. With an attitude like that, whatever the outcome thereafter, life will be a burden for one has reconciled to a fate of misery. Pause for a moment and see each day as a gift of a coin given by fate with no strings attached and we are free to use it any which way we want; suddenly life becomes more meaningful and delightful. Just as we can use the coin to buy an ice-cream, put it in a mite box, get a gift for a friend or family member or simply save it, life too offers us ample choices and it for us to make the best use of it.

For the average person, the 24 hours that we are gifted each day, can be broadly utilized in 3 different ways, each of approximately 8 hours each; sleep, work, personal time. It is not just we utilize the time that matters but also how and why we chose to utilize our time that has major bearing on making that ONE precious coin we have called LIFE, count. Just to explain further, at this point I have a choice to enjoy a favorite TV show or choose to write this blog. While I have chosen to write the blog, I am sure I would have no regrets about watching my favorite TV show, but then my blog would not get updated and that is something I may regret.

Managing our life has always posed a problem for 3 reasons. We do not know what we want from it, we are not prepared to pay a price for the things we sometimes know we want and there are too many distractions that compel us to abandon our well planned intentions. Obviously if we can try and come to grips with these 3 problems, there is a very high probability that we would find life exciting and exhilarating.

The bigger problem still remains, that of reconciling to paying a price for whatever we want from life. It is essential to remember that barring some really blessed people, the overwhelming majority of people have to always choose between two equally pleasurable alternatives or equally damning alternatives and the moment they choose they have paid a price of wondering if they have let go of the better alternative. Many a student can identify with this when an exciting live match clashes with the study time for an important exam. There is a simple rule to decide on what is the price one pays and that is choose the alternative that in the long run you will never regret. Failing an exam for example, could set you back by a year and that is something that you may regret lifelong but missing out on the match of a century would be a regret that you can overcome partly by seeing replays and partly by the realization that the price you paid was worth it when you do well in the exams. Remember that was the rule that I applied when writing this blog and each of the blogs during 2010 when I wrote almost every day. Yes I sacrificed a lot of my time that I could have enjoyed but then I would not have had so many posts uploaded.

If you re-read the first line of the first para, you would notice that there is a also a significant factor that influences how we lead our life and that is our attitude. If we can simply rewrite the first line to read ‘For many, life is like a coin that we can toss and then tell ourselves Heads I win, Tails I don’t lose’ every day will be a series of small and big victories, victories nevertheless.

Remember: I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White

From India
job771982
Try this:

1.Make a list of the 5 things you have done that you regret the most. If you can, also analyze why you regret those actions and how you would have handled the situation differently.

2.Outline 2 social service causes that you are very interested in. How have you got involved in it? What more can you do to contribute to that cause? Do you think you are giving enough of your time and talent to the cause?

3.How would you decide on and what alternative would you choose, in the following situations.

You have not prepared too well for your exam. However you are confident of getting reasonable marks in the exam. On attempting the paper you realize that there is a very real possibility of failing unless you can answer at least one of the mathematical questions correctly. The person sitting near you is a good friend and a class topper and there is a good chance of copying from his paper. What will you do?

You are invited by your best friend for his bachelor’s party. You realize that on the same date and time, you have to attend your boss’s sons wedding in another city. What will you do?

From India
Manju27

Hi Job,
Good Shares........ Why don't you share them as new thread? As I doubt how many would be viewing mine and most of them might not know that you have added such wonderful additions..........:)

From India, Hyderabad
job771982
Hello manju ok understood,so many times i have shared in new thread but no response thats why....ok let me do as per your instrcution. Regrads y.job cornelius
From India
Manju27

You are always welcome Job. See even Srisa is there to encourage you. I am sure even Ari would respond.........:)
From India, Hyderabad
Sowmya_V
Hi Job,
You have made beautiful additions to Manju's post....
Just as Manju and Srisa say there is many a chance to overlook the value addition u have made in this post.......... u can start a new thread and will surely get response from others........:)
Thanks for sharing.........

From India, Madras
job771982
Understanding a girl's body language can save you many headaches further down the road. If you can read body language you not only know the words the person is saying but also what that person thinks and feels about what's going on. Everyone emits subconscious body language, and it's time you start learning how to read it.

How Close/How Far? Sitting or standing close to you is a good thing. The closer they are, the more they like you. The farther away a person gets, the less they want to be around you. It's possible that a girl would stand far away from you if she's got bad breath or something, but if you see this girl all the time and she's always standing really far away while you're talking with her, that's a pretty good sign she isn't interested.

Head Position Keep an eye on the girl's head position during your conversation. If she's tilting her head pretty far to one side, this possibly indicates sympathy, interest or general warmness. A lowered head can mean she's got something to hide, or that the girl is just shy. A cocked head means she is either confused or is challenging you.

The Eyes Watch out if she keeps looking at you and then looking away. This can indicate she's lying. It could also mean she is thinking about something else. If she asks you to repeat yourself then you know she's probably just distracted. Maybe you should talk to her later, or ask her what's on her mind.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.