No Tags Found!

uma.ashishgupta
Dear HR Professionals,
I have recently joined an IT Industry with manpower 125+. Kindly let me know, Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946 is applicable to IT industry?
Also kindly let me know about which Acts applicable to IT industry and which are not...
Regards
Uma

From India, Ahmadabad
Madhu.T.K

In certain States the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act has been extended to establishments coming under the Shops and Commercial Establishments Act. Recently, the Govt. of Karnataka has given a direction to all IT companies (whose employment strength exceeds 100) in the state to draft and certify Standing Orders within six months. At the same time, in many other states since the State Rules of Standing Order Act has not been made applicable to shops and commercial establishments, IT companies are still not under any obligation to have a certified standing orders. However, if an establishment thinks that it should have a standing orders so that a clarity can be arrived at about the relationship between the employer and employees (which is considered to be the primary objective of Standing Orders) it can very well have standing orders drafted in consultation with employees or representatives of employees and implement it. Even otherwise also, many companies have HR Manual or Employee Handbook which is another form of Standing Orders only.

Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
bhardwaj_ch1

Uma, in Gujarat, The standing order act(IE) rules is applicable where 10+ employees are employed. Pls read our (gujarat) I E standing order Act.
From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.