No Tags Found!

contact_walter
Hi All,

My name is Walter, having a total experience of 10 + years. Last i was working was a Team Leader in a Leading International BPO in Pune. I worked there for 7 years and had 4 years of TL experience with Semi Tech as well as Financial Voice Process, based out of US with a span of more than 20 reportees. However, Last May i left the job due to family medical reasons.

Since, November, I have been looking out for a job for the same profile but could not convince the interviewers for the reason why i left the job as it is very personal about my mothers sickness and the reason why i could not get promoted in 4 years. I even made up different stories in 2 of the interviews but too deaf ears. Somehow, interviewers look at my decision as if i was asked to resign, or terminated.

Past last 1 month i have not received any calls from any of the companies, I have forwarded my CV to most of my friends and contacts, still out of luck.

I have financial commitments towards my family and also pressure is mounting day by day coz being out of work. Somehow, my interviews never went up to the stage where we could discuss about my work experience and also on my numerous achievements and tasks managed by me.

I'm bit lost and depressed as i have always been passionate, hardworking and a Team Player at my work but today i don't even get any opportunities.

Please advice. I'm also attaching my resume for any suggestions or openings for me.

Thanks,

Walter J.M

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Walter_Resume3012.doc (54.5 KB, 11 views)

tajsateesh

Hello Walter,
While empathizing with your situation, prima-facie, with the current scenario of most companies wanting to hire those with the most-clear track record, maybe we can't blame them.
I can suggest one way for you to circumvent this issue/problem. Pl talk to your boss [the higher he/she is into the hierarchy, the better] to whom you were reporting when you last worked & get a strong Recommendation Letter--AND--make it a regular part of your resume. Maybe, the reasons for your leaving the job too could be mentioned briefly/subtly in it. That way, you would/could be addressing the concerns of those who suspect your credentials--WITHOUT you having to clarify/explain.
Whether we like it or not, another person's verdict/opinion about us carries much more weight than our own--when it comes to such issues.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
Thanks TS.
Certainly, my Senior Manager and HR had told me to give their numbers for any reference checks. Now just because i have not got through any interviews, let me ask of them a possibility of a Recommendation Letter or upcoming openings with my previous organization.
Also, i would like to thank you for recommending to mention "the reason of leaving" in the resume. Just didn't strike my head.
Well, sometimes we feel awkward to open out but definitely other person's verdict/opinion does seem to weigh relevance.
Regards,
Walter J.M.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.