No Tags Found!

vidya.jammu
Hi, can an employer can terminate an employee without any notice period? will the employer will have right to terminate an employe without any reason i.e simply by saying cost cutting?
From India, Hyderabad
regish123

hii,
v can terminate without noticce pay.
bt without reason v cant terminate him. coz if he goes to any court or labour commissioner it may be a prob. instead of that v can ask him to give resignation letter

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Sucha.bhandari
hI
I think you can terminate the employee by such a reason, but u can give him 1 month salary so that he gets a term for 1 month to search a new job.
you can also help him by saying tht u ll give relieving letter of the date which he wants as soon as he gets new job. this will not damage his professional image too.
i hope i am right

From India, Pune
regish123

yup. but the thnk is that it is nt necessary to provide the notice pay. its d discretion of the employer
vidya.jammu
one of my friend was working in a school from 1 1/2 year and suddenly one day they asked her to leave the school and today is your last day.
when she asked reason they told cost cutting.
so wat she should do please advice.

From India, Hyderabad
regish123

jus confirm wid her that whtr she got payslips for the period she worked. also wat has mentioned in her appnt letter. if everthn is thru v can move to the labour commissioner
regish123

hi all,
normally we used to conduct exit interviews only on the last working day of that employee. why cant we do the same in a quarterly basis? whether it wil be helpful to reduce the attrition rate?

Badrul Hisham Kamaruszaman

dear vidya,
the company can't simply terminate the service without strong reason. althogh in the disciplinary ground, the proper inquiry must be conducted. it must be based on bona-fide and not mala-fide to ensure the natural justice and fairness.
in your case, i found the reason is to cut peartional cost. the cost for operation is incluidng the labor cost. if the company need to cut the labor cost they can't simply fired the staff.
1. the company must cut the non-productive cost 1st such as the luxury expenses.
2. terminate the service of foreign worker or contract staff.
3. apply the LIFO system. last in first out.
4. identifiy which department to eliminate (job reducdancy) adn transfer the staff to other department to utilize the manpower capacity.
5. do Mutual Separation Scheme or Volunteer Separation Scheme.
thanks.

From United States, Houston
phaniacp

based on the terms and conditions mentioned in your letter of appointment. it should be consider whether you or on probation or not.
From India, Warangal
ranjeet.kumar0125
Without specifi reason we cant terminiate any employee . If we have terminited any emply as per performance basis then we will give three month salary of basic and pay total leave if any balance
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.