robins.christian
Dear Seniors, Why Bonus is not part of Gross? I have seen salary slip in which bonus is mentioned and will ESIC get deducted on Bonus? Regards, Robins Christian
From India, Mumbai
kprasoon

Gross salary is the total wages earned by an employee. Bonus payment under Payment of Bonus Act 1965, is the statutory obligation of the employer and has nothing to do with the wages earned by the employee.
What you have seen in salary slips may not be Bonus under Payment of Bonus Act 1965 but other type of bonuses like performance bonus etc. which employee get as per their employment contract.

From India, Pune
robins.christian
Dear ,Kamal Prasoon Sinha
What you said i understood, still have confusion :
1. can employer show "BONUS" as part of monthly gross in salary slip?
2. On bonus, will ESIC get deducted?
Regards,
Robins Christian

From India, Mumbai
CSK2009
Hi,
I agree with Sinha sir. Bonus is not a part of gross salary but performance bonus is a part of employment contract. Still ESIC is not calculated on any type of bonus as per my knowledge.
Regards,
Chitra

From India, Pune
kprasoon

ESI will be applicable on any component coming in the salary slip continuously for more than 2 months.
If company is paying statutory bonus continuously also on monthly basis, which is very rare and is a difficult task, then ESI will be applicable on that.
regards,
Kamal

From India, Pune
Madhuo12345
Hi,
My compensation break up says that I will be getting bonus after 1 year. This is addition to my ctc. Nowhere it's mentioned that it's variable or performance linked or the amount. Only thing mentioned is bonus will be paid at the end of 1 year.
Now the company has transferred me to sister company in the same city. No impact on pf etc. The company has denied me bonus after completion of 1 year stating that is a typo error. They are saying that verbally not in writing. I have been working in this company for last 8 yrs. I fall under 10% tax bracket.
Kindly advice, what should I do to get my bonus & what percentage of ctc they should pay.
Rgs
Madhu

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.