No Tags Found!

ssatish

A lecturer was giving a lecture to his student on stress management.

He raised a glass of water and asked the audience, "How heavy do you think this glass of water is?" The students' answers ranged from 20g to 500gm.

It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it is OK. If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance.

It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the burden becoming increasingly heavier.

What you have to do is to put the glass down, rest for a while before holding it up again. We have to put down the burden periodically, so that we can be refreshed and are ! able
to carry on.

So before you return home from work tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it back home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders, let it down for a moment if you can. Pick it up again later when you have rested.

Rest and relax. Life is short, enjoy it!! Cheers!!!!!

From India, Madras
vijay shitole

Dear Satish, Very true indeed... consciously or unconsciously we tend to carry burden home... All professionals must refrain from it... Thanks. Best Regards Vijay shitole
From India, Mumbai
chittabrat

Really, the example is good one to make others understand, about stress management. Keep Posting. Warm Regards ChittaBrat
From India
nagaraja.b.l

dear satish,
really good ex on str mant.Well,if we really relate it to life situation,why people dont realise the inmpact of stress.stress?Question is how to to put down the glass?Many things happen at subconcious level which we are not aware.The skill is to To be aware of catching up stress immediately.AWARENESS.Then evaluate it instead of becoming victim of it.In fact we catch stress not otherwise.If we can not handle it due to various reasons,we have to immediately discuss with confidantes who can give solutions.It is not easy for everybody.SM depends on so many factors.Learn the LIFE SKILLS.Instead of concentarating on problem,focus on solution.

From India
studentum
Hi all,
Stress management, is something some people learn by trail and error and, that some people benefit from a training courses, to eliminate their stress and be more productive and successfulm in business. Interested in seeing how a course could help you - view hundreds of stress management courses here:
Training Courses / Personal Development Stress Management
Good luck!

From Sweden, Stockholm
Ram Akella

Dear Satish,
With a little practice, we can put down the burdens before they become heavier than we can handle them. I thank for making me to think for a while and prompted for positive thought.
RAM Akella
Principal consultant - HR Practice.

From India, Delhi
monu.tyagi

Dear Satish,
well said , u know to get relief from this kind of problem (stress) we need some speech or some great example like u hve give. our mind is like our vehicle, it will go in the direction whatever we show it.
thaks
monu tyagi

From India, Panipat
harsh.kumar

That's wonderful idea for stress management. However, in today's time, due to his job nature a person is staying away from his native place with nuclear family and has responsibility to take care of members of his nuclear family and family at large at his native place. He can leave his office work at office but immediately start thinking of his family matters, etc. In another words, he is putting one glass of water down and immediately picking up another glass with almost equal weight up. So there is no time to relax. In such situation what should be the way for stress management?
From India, Mumbai
syboriba

Hi, Stress needs to be managed because the end result of it is always unpalatable. The ideas put up there are good for a better management of stress. Congratulation, Ssatish. SIMON BORIBAH
From Ghana
ShikhaTunaak

That makes lot of sense. Everyone seems to be stressed out about something or the other. I hope we can make some changes in the way we all think and enjoy life!
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.