No Tags Found!

abhishek123

Dear All, I faced a question at the time of interview , What are the laws related with IR? Kindly guide me. Abhishek
From India, Delhi
KUMAR.R.

Hi! I.R means Industrail relations;it includes Factories Act,Industrial Dispute Act,Workmen Compensation Act,ESI Act, Trade Union Act ,P.F..... etc.You can good books on these from law book sellars.
From India, Hyderabad
sridhar.hr
Hi!
Laws are much signaficant in HR mostly in the MFG sector than the Service sector. How ever diffrant Acts such NI act,Factories act,Contract act,Workmen Compensation act,Minimum Wages act,Employee Benifits act and MRTP act are few wchich will play a vital roll in the HR day to day functions. Good knowldge in Laws will definatly make a HR professional a smart professional.

abhishek123

Dear Mr. Kumar.R
I am fully agree with you, my answer was same as per your , but the person who was interviewing me was not satisfied by the answer, he told yes ID Act is OK but all other are Labour Laws not IR related laws. On this, the person told me that you have not a good knowledge of Laws so you are not selected. I was shocked at that time, why he is saying so
So I am trying to clear this thing that how can we seperate both The Labour Laws and Laws related with IR.
Abhishek

From India, Delhi
Sonia Kakkar

hi, Also to add on some laws related to HR Maternal Benefit Act Bonus Act Disability Act Income Tax Act Regards, Skakkar.hr
From India, Pune
ylabde

Hi! The person who interviewed you is correct , because Apart from Industrial Dispute Act , there is a Bombay Industrial Relations Act , which regulate the Industrial relations. Yuvraj
From United States, Ogden
ranjitpandya

Dear Abhishek,
In addition to the Acts mentioned by others, there are also Bombay Industrial Relations Act, Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, Trade Unions Act, MRTU & PULP Act etc.
Regds.
Ranjit J. Pandya

From India, Ahmadabad
KUMAR.R.

hi friend !
you should also familiar with all local enactments and labour laws.The rules and regulation of the labour dept.How labour dept functions?you can get good books on industrial laws and labour laws in the market.If possible H.R laws.When you face interview brush up all these acts including mentioned in the messages by the members.
Best of luck
kumar.R

From India, Hyderabad
Bibhutosh Bhadauria

We discussed on this topic a lot and i think now we are on consensus. But to conclude can anyone of us make the picture very clear, that in how many parts the labour laws can be further bifurcated, that which relates to IR and so on.
From Australia, Balwyn
suresh7sharma

Hi Abhishek,
Yes to some we cannot mix all these into industrial acts. We have to categories these into hr and IR.
Normally HR personal will be good in all the matters related with various acts like compensation act, minimum wages act, employees benefit act ect but I would like to make it clear that IR does not includes all these acts. These acts can be put under personnal head.
Regards.
Suresh Sharma

From India, Jaipur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.