No Tags Found!

greatscope

Dear friends,

We’ve all heard the saying, ’Old habits die hard.’

And it’s usually said when referring to habits that we want to kill.

When I started out as a trainer/ speaker, I remember that I’d do most things in the last minute.

If I had two weeks for a program, I’d go slow till D-Day arrived.

On the day of the training, I’d be rushing about my bath & breakfast , checking my PPT, material, handouts– generally making the wife nervous too.

Why don’t you be more organized?’ was her constant refrain.

And I’d reply, ‘Sure Hon, But Old habits die hard.’

But that didn’t help any, as I was only justifying my behavior, not changing it or making it better.

As sure enough, I’d be doing the same rush hour act on the day of the next program.

But NLP made me look at it differently.

There’s an NLP presupposition that says,’ If what you are doing is not working, do it differently.’

Looking at it from an NLP perspective, a ( bad) habit is only a behavior that we do repeatedly & something that produces a result that we are not happy about.

I wanted change, but I realized that I had to do the change in the belief level, not the behavior level.

After all our behavior is a reflection of our beliefs. Even if we learn new behavior, we may not necessarily do it regularly as it will clash with our beliefs.

For example: We all know that exercise is good for health, but if we believe that we don’t need to exercise , we will not .

That’s why so many people fail to keep at an exercise or diet program. They give up mid way.

NLP helps you to recognize where you need to effect the change :

• at the environment level

• behavior level

• capability level

• beliefs & values level

• identity level

• or purpose level.

If you really want change attend the NLP Lifeskills for success program on

the 20th ,21st & 26th of Jan , 2007 at bangalore.

Details in the attached brochure.

be well,

Kumar

NLP Practitioner & Therapist

www.greatscope.com

[/b]

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc nlp_jan07_participant_form_385.doc (60.5 KB, 185 views)
File Type: pdf nlpblr07_240.pdf (267.8 KB, 318 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.