No Tags Found!

meenu08

we're a small to medium sized company with about 150 employees. just wanted to know that should we keep the diwali gift aside for those who are on leave and give it to them on their return? or should it be given to only those who're available? what about employees who are on leave for 15 days or 1 week, etc.? what is the general policy?
thanks for your reply.

From India, Faridabad
anil.arora

Look dear, we are not bound to give them gifts who are on leave for 15 days or above but you must keep aside the gifts for each one who are on leave for 2 to 3 dyas after or before the occassion. but as you have mentioned here about your organiation which is medium size org, then you can close your eyes to give gifts who are not available.
From India, Gurgaon
prashant1314

I don't agree with Mr. Anil Arora as all these " on leave " guys are workers for your industry & as they have not left so far how you can forget about these guys for petty amount of " Diwali Gifts ".
I am sorry Mr. Arora

From India, Pune
rajeshatwork
If the gift is perishable like sweets etc it not possible then to store. If they are some gift articles you can give them on their return from holiday. You would not want your employee morale to fall down.
From India, Mumbai
rvpamec12
Dear Meenu,
It is the feeling behind the gesture that is important to the individual. Do preserve each individual's gift and hand over on their rejoining after leave. Of course, perishable items can be kept only for a couple of days, but any other gift articles must be kept for the individual. After all, the person has been with your organisation and worked for you; and the good gesture from the management should not be denied just because of leave.
Question of big/ medium/ small industry is not relevant. That is factored into your decision to give gift and the budget for it, in any case.
Come on friends, we are in the HR world, so lets focus on the "Human" element.

From India, Pune
sidharth@ibs
i agree with what rvpamec12 have to say........being in HR it would actually become difficult to take care of human element .
From India, Delhi
nagaraj1946

dear collegue
the gift is given for the service rendered by the employees. so at that time if any employee is on leave is not the crteria. so in all fairnes the same should given to the employees who were on leave also
nagaraj

From India, Bangalore
devnarayanshukla
In my opinion they are eligible for these gifts......irrespective of their presence or absence on Diwali as all these people are your employees.... & I agree that the diwali gift is a petty issue.
Dev N. Shukla.

From India, Delhi
kumaresank

Simple.... don't call for any opinion.... & this also does not need any expert opinion. Its all the human thinkings.... if u r really human being, u would know others feelings.... It is "highly rediculous" not to give employees who had been on "leave on the distribution day"
From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Ravi Budhkar
Articles or Mementos must be kept and must be gifted to employee after they resumes. Ravi Budhkar
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.