Suman C
Can anyone give me some examples of Industrial disputes between employer and employer and also of employee and employee.
what examples i could find were pertaining to employee and employer.
Thanks in advance

From India, Bangalore
meenukekhushi

induatrial disputes examples.

While Tata Motors has decided to move its Nano factory out of Singur after violent protests by farmers, this isn't the first time that there has been a standoff between industry and farmers unwilling to surrender land.

Here are four other large industrial projects in India that have recently been wracked by protests

1 In August, the Supreme Court gave South Korean steel firm POSCO the use of large swathes of forestland in Orissa for a $12-billion plant that protesting farmers said would displace thousands of people. The protests delayed the start of construction on the plant, which could be India's single biggest foreign investment to date.

2 In the same month, the Supreme Court allowed Vedanta Resources to mine bauxite in hills considered sacred by tribal people in Orissa. The mining would feed an alumina refinery, part of an $800-million project that has been widely opposed. Environmentalists say the open-cast mine will wreck the rich biodiversity of the remote hills and disrupt key water sources vital for farming.

3 Goa, famous for its beaches and tourist industry, in January dropped plans to build special economic zones for industry after protests from political and environmental groups.

4 West Bengal last year aborted a plan for a special economic zone for a chemicals complex in Nandigram after fierce protests. At least 35 villagers were killed in clashes between locals and communist party workers and the state government put all SEZs on hold in the state.

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.