No Tags Found!

nehakhale

Hello Everyone!!!
Please help me out in my query. We have 5 dasy as sick leave in our organization, one of our employee was suffering from some medical issues due to which he was not able to attend the office for a month around.
now while calculating his leaves, should i include the sundays and the holidays in his leaves and should i deduct salary for those days as well.......
wat according to the sick leave poilicy are the basic rules for deduction of salary for leaves taken on the previous and subsequent day of holidays
Please help!!!
Regards,
Neha Khale

From India, Bhopal
Rajeev Verma

Dear Neha,
Now the question is what Leaves you are calculating, if You are calculating SL or CL, then it entirely depends upon the Policy already prevailing in the company.
If you are not having any Policy in the company, then you can treat the leave period in continuity including Sundays and Holidays, and you can deduct the salary for unpaid leave period.
If the Sick Leave is taken on the previous and subsequent day of holidays, then the holiday is treated as the paid holiday, even if the Sick leave taken is without pay.
hope this will clear your query.

From India, Delhi
nehakhale

Thanks Rajeev, We do have poilcy in our co. i just want to get clarified whether their is any obligation which says that holidays will not be included in the leaves taken as sick leave
From India, Bhopal
Dhanuindian
Dear Neha,
It depends on the internal policy and varies from company to company. Here the employee is continuouly on leave the holidays will not cover. so we need to calculate including the holidays as well.
eg. employee has taken leave for 5 days from friday to tuesday. we need to consider sunday as leave not holiday. do not calculate sunday as a weekly holiday it includes leave only.
Like that in your case you need to cosider 5 days as sick leave and the rest of leave would be covered with EL (if he has any).
hence, when you are calculating the holidays should be concluded as leave only.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.