No Tags Found!

yaminithakur
Dear all, Ihave joined an IT company and i have to design a performance appraisal format for it. I really look forward for your help regarding this. Regards, Yamini.
From India, Gurgaon
HR PRIYA
HI YAMINI..
this is priya.. i ve newly joined in citehr..
i just wish to give an idea about the format for performance appraisal..
basically the appraisal can be done based upon two things.. one is performance based and another is behavioral based..
one can write down the different traits below these two headings which they wish to appraise ..
an example format..
PERFORMANCE FACTORS:
  1. COMPETENCY
  2. TASK ACHIEVEMENT
  3. DECISION MAKING
  4. COMMUNICATION
BEHAVIORAL FACTORS:
  1. INTEGRITY
  2. LOYALTY
  3. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS
  4. CO-OPERATION
  5. TEAM BUILDING
ONE can allot points for each trait and can appraise an appraisee by either giving a grade or points as such..
suggestions regarding any training if necessary can be given after completing the appraisal..
information regarding any rewards can be added..
regards,
PRIYA

From India, Madras
nashbramhall

Thanks to Priya, she has given good pointers.
However, to make the process more objective, it would be better if you could elaborate as to what these concepts mean. For example, what is Competency and how you will measure it? also if you could give a griddesriptors to help grading competency from highly satisfactory to not satisfactory.
Thus you can produce an assessment or grading drid to aid assessors.
Assessment of physician performance in Alberta: the Physician Achievement Review -- Hall et al. 161 (1): 52 -- Canadian Medical Association Journal
Assessment of physician performance in Alberta: the Physician Achievement Review -- Hall et al. 161 (1): 52 -- Canadian Medical Association Journal
http://www.career-dev-guidelines.org...Mkting/ME4.pdf
The above sites may be of some help.
Best of luck.
Narasimhan

From United Kingdom
vksbhrt
Hi Yamini,
I am working with one of the leading software as well as product base company as an Executive - HR.
In our company we simply do this by applying grading system, you have to assign grade for different things like...
Quality
Productivity
Job Knowledge
problem Solving skill
Employee Communication
Feedback from his or her Team Lead or PM
Personal Effectiveness
1. Time management.
2. Initiative & timely escalation.
3. Tools & Technology
4. Systematicsness & consistency
5. Flexibility
These are few things we consider at the time of appraisal.
Thanks & regards,
Vikas

From India, Pune
jasmine_0172

Hi Yamini:
I recently designed a performance appraisal form for my company. However I've designed it according to our company needs and with help of all Sr. technical guys.
I am attaching the Sheet.
Just get back in case something is not clear.
Thanks
Jasmine

From United States, New York
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls PA.xls (27.5 KB, 166 views)

nashbramhall

Thanks Jasmine for posting this excellent example. Do you also give examples or statements of what the 5 categories represent in you appriaser and appriasee guides? Narasimhan
From United Kingdom
HR PRIYA
HI jasmine.. this is PRIYA.. i ve newly joined to citehr.. the performance appraisal format which u ve attached would really suit the IT industries... thanks for it, regards, PRIYA
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.