JudeGR

Hi all, Is the maternity increased from 12 weeks? Request you to share the govt circular or URL on the same. I’m unable to google for it. Regards, Jude
From India, Chennai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Dear member, please see another thread as follows in which similar topic has also been discussed:-
https://www.citehr.com/549222-matern...-download.html
As and when there is final amendment in the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961, I think, the same will be published by news papers.

From India, Noida
JudeGR

Hi Harsh, I read that article. But reference is not there. Can you share?
From India, Chennai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir, It is mentioned in said article as follows:-
"Maternity leave may extend to 8 months
The proposal for maternity leave to be extended to eight months will be placed before the committee of secretaries headed by the cabinet secretary. The ministry of women and mothers child development had proposed an increase of leave for from the current 12 weeks. Earlier, labour department had approved an extension of six and a half months of maternity leave against women and child development ministry's proposal of eight months."

From India, Noida
nathrao

The proposal to give more maternity leave is still being finalized. It will take time before it becomes law.
From India, Pune
shaikhsohail

Hello, It will further take 20 odd yrs to become law. Pls take yr maternity leave if due. We will personally inform u if it becomes a law before that.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.