hardikvyas2
Dear All,
I am working for the Foreign company taking care of their India Operations. I am the only employee of that company.
I want to know what are the details required to fill the Income Tax Return as I dont get any Form 16 and other documents.
Pls explain in details for the same if anybody has some idea on this.
With Best Regards,
Hardik Vyas

From India, Kochi
Rahul Kumar

Hi Hardik,

In case, you are drawing salary from the Indian subsidiary (registered under the Companies Act, 1956) of the foreign Company, the Indian entity has to follow Indian laws, including Indian taxation laws.

The Indian subsidiary has to generate a Form 16 and issue that to you. It is the Company's responsibility.

However, in case you are being paid from abroad, the same needs permission from the RBI and may have different taxation implications like the double-taxation norm, FBT, etc.

Again, there are lots of unanswered queries like where and how do you get your salary from; is the payment given as salary or under any other expense head; what is your status in the Company (employee/expat on deputation/placement, business-status, etc); what sort of engagement letter has been issued to you;, what is your pay structure like (Indian salary/benefits/perks or overseas benefits (base pay, pension plan, medical/dental/insurance cover, vacation pay, etc), etc.)

If you want direct advice, you may wish to call me on the phone number given below and I will help you..

Rahul

From India, New Delhi
sheetalmodak
Hi Rahul, Thanks for the information Could you please guide me on Tax holiday in UK and what does it mean. Your response is highly appreciated Thanks in advance Regards, Sheetal

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.