No Tags Found!

Balaji Kuppuswamy

Some great conversations, will always emanate form eminent persons, this is such a nice example. always it has been a raising end with knowledge. i cant stop myself from appreciating. kb
From India, Madras
good.hr.associates

Dear Asha

This is what I have been trying to bring out! The Arrogance of being a client!

I fail to understand why do clients HAVE to be arrogant, HAVE to HAVE an upper hand. why does a junior HR executive at the corporate think that he knows more than a consultant with more than 15 Years of experience in the industry and perhaps a sizable experience in corporate HR !!!

Obviously he is paying the price of being a "Bloody consultant"

Where is the professional courtesy to seniors in the HR industry? IS this what is being taught at the B Schools? We need to rethink about the corporate culture. The HR plays a key role in creating that. I am afraid the Corpoarte HR himself is in need of an overhaul.

Why can not they consider consultants as associates?

Is it the inherent human psychology & inborn desire to attain power over others! Traces of "survival of the fittest" syndrome?

The food chain - Strong devour the weak! ( ..but that happens in jungle!!)

Or by putting down / rejecting , lording over vendors they give in to a natural instinct of boosting their own self esteem in an indirect manner. I am sure many of the corporate HR will not be able to hold a Two minute conversation with an expereinced consultant.

And why is that it is mostly the junior HR executives who have to fight the war of words with consultants on behalf of the entire senior lot of corporate HR. Do they think they are expereinced enough to speak on such issues of which they have limited knowledge & exposure?

Again..the arrogance of being a client :(. Or do I assume that these youngsters do infact reflect the corporate thinking about consultants?

Does it have something to do with a lowly stature of the HR department in theri own organisations, that they seek some solace through lording over consultants?

Where are the senior lot? I guess most of them must have read my views and understood that it is not about the "Corporate HR being bad" BUT about the "Bad Corporate HR".

I wish someone explain this to these youngsters who are acting way out of their league!

It is not "Corporate HR vs Consultants" rather it is "Good Consultants Vs Bad Corporate HR"

Well...now if you do identify with the Bad Corporate HR, please do keep your verbal duel on. You are only exposing your limited knowledge & poor understanding of the issues ..more & more :icon1:

Good HR Associates

From India, Chandigarh
good.hr.associates

Dear Raj
I understand you are a senior HR professional and your true views about the attention the "Bad corporate" needs would be interesting!
It is the "Good Gorporate HR" which needs to intervene and take charge. A handful of "Bad Corporate HR" have already eroded the prestige of an HR professional. They are losing respect in the corporate world.
You need to think and contribute - What can the "Good Corporate" do to improve its image within the organisation and with the consultants?
Good Corporate HR

From India, Chandigarh
Ash Mathew

I seriously pity you. You seem to be deviating from the topic (may I ask ur name - becos its a shame if you are not able to tell who you are - give ur identity man/lady!)

Scared that no one will ever consider you because of the way you have been obviously helpless on this forum, and only crying?

(its not necessary to have white hair to prove one is wiser than the other ;-) )

Re-consider the situation, stop expecting people to be good to you. There is a difference between demanding respect, and making people feel that they should respect. It is all in the way you carry your business.

You seem to be overly emotional, might be because of your bad experience.

Its in such times that we tend to focus on the less important, (u know those things that make you feel angry/irritated...a few silly things) that should not really matter at all.

Pls see what are the areas your company needs to fight:

Less reputation because of other low profil exaples

Lack of response from corp HR

Lack of branding

See solutions to the above - not ways to under estimate the way others are doing business. At the end, it will not matter if you point someone as cry baby, immature, lack of presentation skills. Nothing... because none of us are losing anything by hearing that from you. But you are - losing your patience and the precious time. Its high time you start focusing on re-building the image.

You might say someone is a Bad Corp HR - so? so what for that HR? what for that company? You are the loser. think abt what you can gain from any discussion, not what can make you feel that you have dominated the group discussion and no one can fite u back. Makes no sense honey.

From India, Madras
good.hr.associates

Dear Asha
My..My..My...seems I have touched a raw nerve :icon6: Look who is emotional now :huh:
After 15 years in business, pan India presence, client list of around 100....and some white hair....we need an advisor with 2 Yr of limited experience in HR in couple of companies....I am seriously thinking of hiring you as our unsolicited advisor.
And thanks but no thanks, we qualify a client before doing business . One of the criterion is mature HR Executives at client end. So your company won't qualify :(
Good HR Associates

From India, Chandigarh
kaur.harmanpreet11

Well with all due respect I disagree to your point of view because before joining my current corporate company I was also employed in a recruitment consultancy. I've worked there for almost 1 yr and dealt with middle n senior managment positions for Fortune 500 companies across the globe. When I was working there i used to send papers to my clients n with 1-2 weeks of time they reverted back with genuine responses and manier times we also used to interact directly with the HR managers to get the clear picture as to what exactly they are looking in a candidate which will in turn help us to give our best.
Working there has helped me alot in my career. So it is not always the same but yes there can be some instances with some corporates not all.

From India, New Delhi
kaur.harmanpreet11

It not true that all the candidates pay more attention and take HR managers frm the comapny only seriously. It is my personaly experience in my previous company(which was a consultancy) tht many of the people looking for jobs/ job change used to get in touch with us directly rather than approaching directly to the comapny as they felt if their CV is sent thru us then the HR Manager will definately take a serious look at his Cv rather tah if he approaches them directly. And many times it was true..this is my personal experience..

From India, New Delhi
good.hr.associates

Dear Harman
I started my career from & was once part of the corporate HR !!
Yes. I agree. Here too I am only talking about the Bad Corporate HR. We too work for quite a few Good corporate HR.
Also the MNC's do respect the consultants and their efforts. You were lucky. Sorry to say and it hurts but It is mostly Indian companies specially the Mid Cap companies which has the Bad corporate HR.
Unfortunately the Bad Corporate HR from the consultants perspective out strips the Good Corporate HR!
Good Corporate Associates

From India, Chandigarh
kaur.harmanpreet11

One thg more I forgot to add was that, now I'm working with a media house as an HR prof and am on the other side of the court now so lot of time the requirements and position opening changes frm the particular Functional Head only may be becoz the position is freezed on temporary basis, requirements changes, monetary problems, some internal issue going on, etc ,etc.... so it is not in the hands of the Hr to manipulate the position or consulants according to him, after all he also has to report to his HR Head in regards to his work, the positions still goin pending and the reasons for the delay, etc..

From India, New Delhi
Ash Mathew

Thanks Sir.
Will make sure your business process in not interrupted by such less experienced people (like me)
BTW - if you already do ur refining, why did you even initiate such a thread.... LOLZZZ. Its clear now!
Chill, I dont want to make such an experienced person feel ba.
Ps:
I think u did not read my previous lines in a response to Mr. Raj, and I am not sure of your diction, but that was just a message to clearly hint that you would never be a preferred consultant with such an attitude.
Relax - you are good ok. :-) ohhh baby baby....chooorrry ;-)
Urs is only good, now go- go and play happily.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.