View Poll Results: Which is a better option for Degree in HR
XLRI satellite PGCHRM for 1 yr 44 86.27%
3 yr part time course from Welingkar or NM 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

sunayna

hi,
I hate making choices, but have to make one soon between PGCHRM from XLRI and a part time mba from Welingkar which will begin in Jun 2011
the obvious choice is coming to be XLRI because of the brand name and the time period, but i have a few queries about the course.
how effective is the course in terms of delivery of lecture and learning? how organised are the lectures and everything?
what is the scope of the same in the industry? is it well recognized?
i have abt 4 yrs exp in recruitment and HR and want to make a career in ER. Hence, i chose this course rather than a 2 yr full time.
will this course help?
Kindly reply.

From India, Mumbai
Koushikalliant
XLRI will be a better option as the duration is short and will help you retain the enthusiasm and focus towards it and also the brand XLRI is synonymous to HR in India.
From India, Calcutta
ansarisamir

XLRI. Well I think you're insulting XLRI by comparing it with Wellingkar's. When people don't get admissions in colleges like this, they opt for Wellingkars/MET and all.
Instead I think if you're looking to consider some other local college, I will suggest you to find about the courses offered by TISS/SP JAIN/JBIMS.
Hope this helps!

From India, Mumbai
Miss. Kunal

Hi...
I'm undergoing XLRI Satellite course of PGCHRM right now!
Some things I would like to make clear is if you are willing to go ahead for XLRI, then be ready for huge commitment to your studies! [Apart from your work schedule!!!].
This course demands a lot of time and hard work. There are exams in almost every
2nd and 4th week of a month and plus assignments, quizzes, etc needs to be sumiited in time!
And also the course class timings and procedures are error free! Its a learning experience!!!
Hope my inputs help you! Do get back to me in case of any issues!
Regards!
Ms. Kunal

From India, Mumbai
gaggan_sahni

If you have a sufficient experience to your credit than XLRI would always have an edge because of its brand name.....Welinkar I wont suggest even if you do it 2 years regular as this wont help you in the long run...
From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.