tripathy.sibanand

i have resigned from a psu bank after 6months of service as a po. as i was not in the condition to resign at the place,so i couriered my letter with one month salary as per their rules. the branch has accepted my resignation then. but recently i got a call from the regional office and they told me to join the branch again as there are some formalities like exit interview & so on. but even now i am not in the condition to join the bank. still i have not received my releaving letter. i am afraid whether they can take any legal action on me. please suggest.
From India, Dhanbad
Manish Gadre

Dear Tripathy
If the bank has accepted your resignation then you need not worry about any legal action. You need to check few points like :
1. Has the Bank encashed your one month salary cheque towards the salary in lieu of notice?
2. Has the Bank sent to you the letter of acceptance of resignation?
3. Has the Bank given you any confirmation lettter?
If the bank has encashed your cheque, then it will automatically mean that they have accepted your resignation. You can still sent them a written request by Registered AD to issue you a relieving letter.
In my opinion, there is no possibility of legal action.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.