No Tags Found!

ISHER KUMAR ARORA

Dear,
Gratuity to Railway Employees is payable under the Railway Services (Pension) Rules 1993. Maximum DCRG will not be more than 33 times of emoluments for 35 years of qualifying service. In this case total gratuity payable is Rs. (21750+7550)*66/2 i.e. Rs. 966900. For further clarification and procedures for claiming gratuity , pl refer to Chapter IX of Railway Services (Pension) Rules 1993.
Regards,
I.K. ARORA

From India, Delhi
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Shivashish ji,

Perhaps your grievances have nothing to do with the gratuity payment. May I tell you, my Dear, that all the professions in the world cannot have comparison and cannot be put to legal tests? Just think of railway motormen or engine drivers. Can they claim right to fixed lunch recess? Can a surgeon who is continuously engaged in some critical surgery, claim he is very much tired, is entitled to and badly needs a small break? May I draw your attention to one important fact - that your duty hours are only 7 as against 7.30 hours in other government departments? Can you not make arrangements with your colleagues and all of you take your lunch alternatively one by one without break in your duty of collecting cash? You can also count the cash in between duty hours instead of longing for a change in the rules. Please see how best you can work within the framework of the rules. If you still have any problems, please do place them before the forum and you will certainly find solutions.

Thanks.

From India, Pune
bnps57

Dear friend,

Railway is a govt organisation and there are separate rules for PF,Bonus,Gratuity,Pension etc.

I am calculating the amount of family pension payable to the family member (widow) of your deceased brother as fpllows:-

(1)-Normal rate-

30% of Pay+Grade Pay last drawn i.e. Rs.21570

21570x30/100=Rs6471pm or Minimum Rs 3500.

(2)-Enhanced rate-

Twice the normal rate limited to 50% of Pay+Grade pay last drawn, i. e. 6471x2=Rs 12942,or 21570x50/100=Rs.10785 pm

So,the widow will get a monthly family pension of Rs.10785 for a period of 10 years from date of death at enhanced rate and then Rs 6471 per month onwards.She will also get dearness relief on the monthly pension as announced from time to time.

Gratuity:-

In this case death gratuity is payable to the nominee of the decesed employee.Since he had worked for 35 years the calculation is as follows-

total emoluments (Pay+Grade pay+DA)x33 or Rs 1000000 which ever is least=Rs(21570+7550)x33=Rs.960960.

Hope this will swtisfy you,for any doubt you may contact me.

Regards

BNP Singh

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.