Anonymous
Dear Seniors, I am working in the tolling industry as an admin Assistant and felt ill-treated by Higher management when he dealt me just like a peon, in that he asked me to serve as a peon, offer a glass of water tea to guests arriving. I am fully depressed. This is an Admin profile...? Please suggest what action should be initiated from my end.
From United States, Los Angeles
metaflex

Dear Friend,

Think positively. Admin or any one in the office working is not a peon.

We all do our work in the organisation. Respect each others work. Peon is also human being. He is less educated , so he is doing his part of job.

Now Answer to your question:

1) Customer or Guest is GOD in our country, serve them with pride.

2) CEO / MD / Director / Owner of the company will bring water / tea in tray to offer to customer / Guest, if there is no person available in and around.

3) When They see ......oh there is some one to help him.....then he takes help thinking that other person is not humiliated / dipressed by doing such job.

4) You generate self respect for yourself in the eyes of Customer / Guest / senior Management.

5) Delegates from The Netherlands visited our company. CEO asked one girl (GM Marketing) who was drawing salary second to CEO ( 2nd Highest salary paid in the company) to serve mineral water and tea to the delegates because CEO had it opinion about her that she was well presented, knows how to serve, how to speak, how to stand in front of them. She was very happy to serve them.

6) If Guest come to your home and you serve them water, snacks, tea then you are a host to them.

7) Similarly Company is ours. Employee is main resource of the company. Employee spends more than 50% of the time in company or for the company work. I mean to say employee spends more time at company than at home. so feel that that is your home and treat your customer / Guest like GOD and serve them, make them happy.

7) If at all you feel humiliated then go and meet the senior in separate cabin and tell him that you do not like this type of service. Next day on wards they will not request you to do so.

Hope I am clear. "Think good and result will be good" , "Think negative and result will be peon"

Regards

Manjay | <manjay@malaygauri.com> |+91 9810507200

Malay Gauri Consultants Pvt. Ltd. | <www.malaygauri.com>

From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

Dear Rakesh,
Manjay has given you an excellent response. I will raise a few questions in this post and then tell you what really happened in my next post.
When guests come to your house, who offers them drinks?
Suppose, you manager had said "Please look after the guests and I will go and fetch some water for them.", what would have been your reaction?
I raise this question as my Section Leader in Philips, UK, would say "Visitors are arriving, please get me a duster, let me clean the benches." What do you think reactions of the technicians and engineers working in the department were?

From United Kingdom
Raj_at_CiteHR

In total agreement with Manjay...
It is the way you want to look at the situation. It is the way you want yourself to be treated.
Would request Rakesh to post his response and let the debate continue...

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.