DhanashreeG
Hi, I am working for a software company which is a start-up company in Pune, India. I want some detailed information on Holiday Policy/Leave Policy/Maternity Policy/Paternity Policy and any other policies.
Is it mandatory to Maharastra Shop and Establishment Act?
In my previous software company they have given 18 paid leaves per year only?
How we can form a leave policy ? Please Guide.

From India, Pune
debora-sumopayroll

Infosys:
You will be given 5 holidays every quarter and 10 national holidays. So a total of 30 days per year, plus all Saturdays and Sundays are off unless and until u work in weekly 7 days support project.
Amazon:
• 12 Casual Leaves - Can take max of 2 together. If not used, won't be carry forwarded next year.
• 12 Sick Leaves - Again max 2 at a time and can't be clubbed with any other leaves. However if the situation demands, you can use it on one go. Won't get carry forwarded.
• 15 Annual Leaves - The one to be used for long vacation. If unused, will be carry forwarded Upto 60 leaves and will get encashed by the time you leave The company.
• 5 Optional holidays and 5 mandatory holidays
So that sums Upto 49 leaves. I enjoy 2 week offs every week. So that's again 104 leaves. So out of 365 days all I have to work for is around 220 days max.
Apart from that we enjoy 6 weeks of paid paternity leave (I availed that when my baby girl was born) and 6 months maternity leave for women.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.