No Tags Found!

Hiten Parekh

Hi Pragya!
I am afraid I dont have anything concrete to suggest as solution / prevention. Everybody is saying
The industrial sector is growing. The demand for skilled manpower is ever increasing. Against this, the supply is far less. The problem is of macro level manpower planning.
We (HR) have to rely on our brand ambassedors - our employees to attract candidates to us. If our employees spread goodwill about us - at workplace, out side workplace then it will be most beneficial for making candidates come and join us.
One more thing which i practice is that I liaise with only two recruitment agencies and I have asked them to be more thorough with their analysis. I do not ask for profiles on urgent basis. I give them sufficient time to give me reliable profiles. And I speak to candidates frequently.
Drop out ratio with me is reduced noticably in last 4-5 months. Earlier it was nearly 50 % but now it is about 37 %. (Touchwood :) )
- Hiten

From India, New Delhi
K.Ravi

The DOJ should be mutually decided with the candidate, I dont know why employers insist on quick joining and late releiving. While joining they want us to join at the earliest, but when we resign they dont releive before 3 months.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

From India, Pune
guru1967

Dear mirza,

You Seems to be bit frustrated HR person. a bit rude response. Dear ferenda Pl. remember "survival of the fittest" is the mantra now a days and it applies here also.

it is not always a question of Job hopping or whatever words you have called like no "ethics" or "filthy". This phenomenos is not true aliyas.

Though i agree you to some extent. But the job market is not that much "Filthy".

In fact some companies promise stars and moon before issuing offer letter and after through enquiry it turns out be a false. Further in some companies the HR policies are so bad that they feel suffocating within a week of joining and will resign immediately. I myself is a victim of the same.

Further now a days there is a plenty of job for higgle talented people in almost all sectors and they just want to cash in on the same.

There are quite a few friends of mine who have not quit their organization, even after being lured (tall claims!!!) by the other prospective employers for higher pay and other monetary and welfare measures

Regards

Guru.

From India, Bangalore
Pragya Tejaswini

Hi Frens, Got a good article about offer rejects. Seems interesting!!!
From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc why_candidates_reject_offers_149.doc (50.0 KB, 132 views)

mirza

Ravi/Guru:

I am wondering how one can judge a person and give the verdicts without even communiating... my God...well, i think Guru you are genius...

To tell you; it is not that all the companies have the unhealthy environment and before signing the offer you should read the offer made to you and once you are satisfied with it you can sign it am i right.... then why is this notice period thing is coming up now... this period would be there in the offer letter and it varies company to company it can be 1 month or 2 or 3 months

"FRUSTRATED" - huh i dont know on what basis you have indicated this but anyways i dont take it personal, its your views and we are talking about the reasons for Offer rejects what is that you found which is not obvious...

of course there are guys who play around with the offers and of course yes there are companies which shows you the heaven before joining them but we are talking more in gereral

before giving the Verdicts; try to see the in and out of it and then judge

- Mirza

From Saudi Arabia, Jiddah
guru1967

Dear Mirza,

Pl. note that just by reading the offer letter you cannot say that every thing is correct with the organisation.

What i am trying to tell you is that there won't be 100% tranparency in the Offer letter. in "some organisation" and even after thorough enquiry being made you don't get 100% info of the company, right, in that case they fall vicitims and they tend to resign .... pl note. this is not true in all the case but in some organisation only.

and because of this they would be more careful next time. i.e before joining they will make through enquiry and chancer are that they would turn down the offer made, if they feel that some thing is wrong with the orgnaisaiton.

You have said "it is not that all the companies have the unhealthy environment". Did i mention that all the companies are like that. Pl. read my views carefully.

Pl. Understand that i have only said that some of the genuine person who turn away the job offer, after these persons smell some thing wrong with the prospective employer. (after making through enquiry)

Hope I have made my views clear now.

regards

Gururaj

From India, Bangalore
Mrudang_k_v
Pragya Tejaswini
As per me think very basic logic, I have develop this thing that I am giving only offer letter without salary amount, and one statement with full break up with sign of HR head as well as candidate is put into company's file so candidate is also satisfied and our goal is also fulfill. so candidate never encash this offer in market
Regards
Mrudang

PVQ

I have found that the candidate usually uses the offer to up the ante with his/her own company. Priti V.Quinn
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hiten Parekh

Hi Friends !

I would like to give example of arranged marraiges in Indian Society. Here,

Father of the girl - recruiter

Father / Family of the boy - candidate

Relatives / Friends - Consultants

When father of a girl thinks it is time for his daughter's marriage, he consults the consultants with 'biodata' of the daughter. The consultant with their contacts float the details of the biodata amongst the candidates' families. After initial screening of age, qualification, height, etc. the shortlisted candidates are referred to the employer (father of the daughter)

Here, at this stage both the parties do the reference check. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WITH SOCIAL STATUS, REPUTATION OF ANY OF THE PARTY, THE MATTER QUIETLY ENDS. By no means it goes to interview process.

After clearance in screening and reference check, the interview process is done. Again the time for interview is 30 to 45 minutes. Prliminary and if things workout well, the second. If at any stage candidates feel negative, they bring a quiet end to the process.

And once the commitment (not a written one) is given both the parties stick to it and do not stepback. SUch commitment is give after all the process and though there are many other options available in the 'market' no parties think back after accepting the offer. And the relationship is carried on for lifetime.

I know that there are some cases of forced marriage but the procedure I have mentioned is the most prevailing in India.

Why are we so different in our social practices and professional practices?

- Hiten

From India, New Delhi
shameekm
What I feel is that candidates within 3 years of exp. generally take up interviews with 2-3 companies at a time and select the best suitable offer. They accept the offer from all the oragnisation and sit on them and decide which one is the best. As an exec. asssistant to the COO, I have seen even individuals doing that for aposition of Associate VP, and GM levels. Being in the ITES/IT industry, I have seen this, that is also maximum in the case operations guys in IT and sales guys in other sectors. Though I tend to believe these things are not so common between the high tier employees in textiles, heavy engineering, oil and gas like niche sectors.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.