ks_lavanya

I am working in a manufacturing company. Would like to know more about KRAs Regards, K.S.Lavanya
From India, Madras
akashsangole
Hi Lavanya,
KRA's are set at the begining of the year. There are diff. formats with diff companies. All these KRA's should be measurable and should be appraised at the end of year.
regards,
Akash

poojabansal

Hi Lavanya,
KRA means Key result areas. These are usually set in the beginning of the year which finally sets the targets & goals for the employee for the complete year. KRA's are usually 4 - 5 nos. more than these are not preffered. They are usually set after proper discussions between the employer & employee.
If u need help in setting KRA's for a particular designation then let me know. Will be able to help u since I also work with a manufacturing company.
Regards,
Pooja

From India, Pune
Dhinakaran

Hi Lavanya :
Welcome to the Forum and Wish you a Very happy 2007.
KRA's are Key Result Areas which are the main objectives of the employee in an organisation. for the particular year
KRA's are usually discussed and accepted by the COO/Dept Head and the employee concerned. The KRAs are measurable and are time bound.
The discussions on the kRAs will be usually during March / December for the period Apr-Mar or Jan- Dec.
Many organisations review the KRAs once in 6 months atleast though some Org do it for 3 months - half-yearly and quarterly. This is done to know the progress on the set KRAs and also to address any bottlenecks if any.
Regards
:: Dhinakaran

From India, Hyderabad
berthamf
Hi, Thanks for the input. I am from the service industry and have to do the KRAs for this year. Can someone help me please. Is KRA similar to Appraisal? Thanks and regards, Mohini
From India, Mumbai
elamurugumba

Hi all
KRAs are described as the Key Result Areas which are the deciding factors for an individual or a team's performance.
These deciding factors were derived based upon the output/deliverables expected from one.
These deciding factors will be given various weightages based upon the importance and the amount of their contribution to the deliverable.
They can be conducted once in a year, 6 months once or even 3 months once.
KRA is not exactly Appraisal. But it can be considered as an important part of appraisal which would facilitate to make a decision easier.
Regards
Elamurugu

From India, Madras
vijaykanth
Thanks a lot for the inputs.
Lets suppose, the company where you are working is a start up company and any employee taken for a particular position might not be working only to that particular position. He might be working out of the box and doing multi skilled jobs. At that time, how will you set the KRAs.
VKR

From India, Hyderabad
akashsangole
I think for the new company also the same rule applies.
You can always set KRAs for a person handling various functions.
You need to decide which are his Key result areas out of all the functions he is handling.
regds,
akash

ajoy499
I am thankful to all members for helping me understand the concept. I will appreciate more if someone can post a format of KRA for a Pharma Company . :) :) Thanks and regards

premaram

Hi Lavanya,
I am also in same field, now i am preparing KRA's for my company, i've the format and i want to discuss with the same also in mail, my email id ram_apr2@yahoo.co.in, kindly share some ideas in mail.
rgrds
ram

From United States, Southfield
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.