sudha.acharya

We are a Private Limited company registered under Shop & Establishment Act, Maharashtra: are we covered under Minimum Wage Act or this act applies only to the government concerns? if yes then what is the latest Minimum wage for us? Kindly Guide.
Regards
Sudha

From India, Mumbai
arnab.dasgupta1983

Dear Sudha,

Yes...you have to comply with the enactment of Minimum Wages and you have to pay salary to your employees (employed directly or through a contractor) equal to /above the amount mentioned in the latest notification.

Now,this categorization of "Shop & Establishment" shall be very wide in case of Maharashtha since there happens to be lot of sub categories under this.So first of all you need to find out as to what schedule of employment applies to your employees as per the business type your organization is into and to what skill sets they are employed respectively as unskilled/semi skilled/skilled.You have to revise the pay as applicable whenever there comes any modifications in the MW notification.

Its simple...Normally the MW is revised in a span of 6 months.so collect the copy of the latest notification for the scheduled employment with your organization in such span (the tenure for which the present notification shall be applicable is mentioned on the document itself) and regulate the pay structure accordingly.

Now for Maharastha the amount of MW should not be less than the amount of Basic + Spl Allowance as shall be mentioned in the notification.

From India, Chandigarh
icsplind
Arnab,
is there some ready reckoner or excel sheet , the Maharashtra govt.site on shop & establishments and minimum wages mentions everything except the minimum wages !
the greatest stupidity is you have to fill up a form & submit it physically ! why cant they just float an excel sheet ?
I'm sure there would be 1000's of persons like me & sudha looking out for this info.
regds,
pradeep k,
pune
ics pvt.ltd.

From India, Mumbai
Archit Kulkarni

Dear All,
Pls find attached rates of Minimum Wages & Special Allowance in the state of Maharashtra for the period 01.01.2012 to 30.06.2012.
Go through all the Scheduled Employment's & as per your company's nature of work, the corresponding rates will be applicable.
Regards,
Archit Kulkarni.

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Minimum_Wages.pdf (42.6 KB, 833 views)

sudha.acharya

Dear Arnab,
Thanks for your guidance. but the business my company is into, is not mentioned anywhere in the schedule of employment mentioned on S&E act. My company is engaged in marine Geotechnical/geophysical surveys and offshore construction having project sites in different location of India & overseas, head office at Thane Maharashtra. we have all kinks of employees Highly skilled, skilled, semi skilled and unskilled working with us. Also in S&E act the clause of Minimum wage is not mentioned anywhere. Some of the management people have the difference of opinion that as it is not mentioned anywhere in S&E act, we should not be covered under MW act. please advice. It would be great if you can provide me with some supporting documents to prove my opinion.
Regards
Sudha

From India, Mumbai
arnab.dasgupta1983

Dear Sudha,
Even if the clause of MW is no where stated in S&E,still the employees employed in establishment has to be paid gross salary on and above MW for the concerned state.Refer to the copy of MW Act for this.
Now as you have mentioned,my suggestion shall be as follows:
I. For your Corporate/branch offices,the provision of S&E to be adhered to in terms of MW and all other HR policies.
II. For your employees at project site,plz follow the MW for "Constructions" as applicable for concerned state.

From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.