No Tags Found!

pranaykapur
Hi Swati,
I think to come up these situation is experience now you should take this as an opportunity and try to tackle Allthe of them.. i think you should be more confident with them , i think they r hearting your self respect ,
JUST BE STRONG:}
pranay

From India, New Delhi
bnvpradeep

Hi Swati,

I do use to face 100% same problem in my co. a year ago.The only difference between us is, I have 70 ppl working with me.

The best way to come over this problem (as for my knowledge) is, have patience... slowly inject one by one policy. Create a situation where seniors themselves feel like they need a change ( Make sure you wont get into troubles) As said by others, to prepare a PPT and give presentation, after all those ppl are technical guys, they don't believe in mgmt stuff even if we deliver a presentation.

Make sure you do all the things mentioned by our other friends like taking up induction, introducing proper attendance,leave mgmt system...but one by one. Dont introduce new systems directly, first of all make minor changes to the existing ones, like you said you already have admin rules set up. Just bring in some changes which will betterment the current system.

Since you got a bunch of seniors, you arrange a meeting, throw them the problem, let them come up with ideas (you know, since these ppl are experienced, they might have definitely followed HR rules and regulations in their past co.'s) Finally at least one or the other comes up with the idea you already had in your mind. Try to implement it.

it is simple, when mgmt tries to implement something on employees, they feel like we are trying to rule them, but, when they themselves come up with ideas, they feel like you are also into their way of thinking. They feel like they have been consulted to solve our (HR) problem. Their ideas are been appreciated and implemented.

This is what I did in my co. and now every thing is alright, even my boss appreciates me for the kind of change I had bought in.

Being a youngster always remember, being patient and due respect to seniors is the only way to win their hearts and get the things done.

All the best!!!

From India, Hyderabad
sankarsundaralingam

Dear Swati...
Being a HR we must have sharing ...while preparing new policy u can get involve with senior level people...that time u may understand them as well as get involve with them...
Regards
Sankar

From India, Madras
rajeevdixit

Hi swati
i was through the discussions and suggestions here.giving a suggestion is
easy but implemting is tough.
Actually if your employer is not at all interested in HR development/management then how can you develop anything there.
and how others will understand the importance of you.
Even inspite of working in a large scale organisation i am facing the same
situation as you are facing.
The only way out i feel is start with some welfare facilities ,cost savings,
employee participations ,try to conveince the employer the importance of HR , start with some awards,rewards etc at the shoop floor .like best operator,best supervisor etc...............
OR
just see new job on the basis of this experience and go ahead with your carreer.
All the best
Rajeev Dixit

From India, Bangalore
hschhabra
Hi Swati,

It is not easy to bring change in any organization overnight. I have worked in such organizations where HR is taken as servents and nothing more then admin guys.

My suggestion goes as follows:

1) Make a proper plan of employee connect.
2) Chalk out the guys who are comparatively helpful to you.
3) Start changing them first, slowly & steadily.
4) Organise small & funny programs in the company so that more & more employees will open up.
5) Talk to your boss now & ask him clearly what he expects from you & then discuss your plan with him. It is very important to take him under confidence as he will guide you certain key issues related to certain troublesome employees.
6) Design KRAs for all & start explaining them to your closer ones only.
7) One thing you need to understand is that old employees are reluctant to change because they have a fear of loosing their jobs. So you will have to spread the feel of job security with in the organization.
8) Start from department heads...others will follow.
9) It is definetily a slow process but trust me this works. I have proved it at my work place.

Fasten your seat belts...all the best.
Harmeet

From India, Indore
swati saxena

Dear
All,
As i Came across to the all replies as suggested by all of you.
I got few points common in all the replies that
-Keep Patience
-Formulate policies and implement one by one
-speak 2 employees directly and have an understanding of their taste.
-Prepare presentation of hr policies and present in front of boss.
-take seniors in your confidence.
Please suggest me
am i right and do i need to follow the same to succeed in the long run with this company.
plz suggest.

From India, Delhi
malini_joshi05
Tell me something related to "Integrataed HR System'' Which does’t include technological part ie.Software & all that.
From India, Vadodara
taton2006
Hi Swati,
That happens with Small mid size companies and the Boss always goes with them as the senior guys not only important for him but the company will go down if they left that is what the boss thinks.In this case i believe first you must take the boss in confidence by presenting the case that you have.I feel you must establish the process as that is the need of hour.I believe your senior employees are from old school.So present in such a way that it says it will benefit them and help the company reach goal in a smooth competitive way.I can understand as i am facing the same scenario.The problem is we the Indians hate the process but luv to copy

From India, Bangalore
B K BHATIA

Hi Swati,
You have plenty of suggestions from so many experienced people.
May I propose that you prepare an 'Employee Hand Book' and include in that a brief on various HR Policies designed by you. End up this document with a 'Request for Feed back' to be submitted by a specific date.
Let this Hand book contain a Preface from your MD/ CEO & be formally released by him.
Such an initiative has been well received even by the old - time employees in many companies.
For detailed contents of the Handbook, you are welcome to contact me.
B K Bhatia

From India, Delhi
rajsawster

Dear Swati ,
There are different ways to begin setting up of HR department in any small or big organization specially organization like yours dealing with accounting and auditing. You must have an idea of the business process as well as economics to set the agenda of HR.
Then move on to the following aspect of due diligence for SWOT analysis.

You need to have a clear definition of the mission and goals of the department and secondly, what role you will play as “head” of the HR function. Once you have clear direction, there are some key “audit” issues that you need to focus on.

Do you have personnel files on all your employees? Are they current? Do you have all the legally required documentation? Do you have items in the files that don’t belong there?
Do you have policies and procedures? Are they up-to-date? Are they followed?
Have you inadvertently created a contract between you and your employees?
Do you have policies dealing with leave, sexual harassment, workers’ compensation, safety, benefits, discipline, etc.?

Are you in compliance with state and statutory regulations? Do you have a working knowledge of the law? Do you have all the required postings, forms, and documentation required by the respective governmental agencies? Are all the managers aware of their legal responsibilities and liabilities?

Are you recruiting and selecting the right people? Are you aware of the talent and skills needed to move your organization forward? Do you know where to find these people? Are you recruiting in a cost effective manner? Are your managers trained in interviewing techniques?

What kind of compensation plan do you have? Is it meeting the organization’s needs? Is it motivating your employees? Is it competitive and fair? How about your benefits? Are you getting the best coverage for your people at a price the employees and the organization can afford? Is your total compensation attractive enough to retain existing people and be an incentive to new people?

What’s it like working at your company? Are people productive and motivated? Are you looking at the indicators of a productive and motivated workforce (absenteeism, tardiness, turnover, grievances, high workers’ compensation rates, poor quality, missed deliveries, and poor productivity)?

What about your training? Are manager’s and employee’s skills current? Is training a “way-of-life”? Are you growing your people or do you have to go to the outside every time you need someone with a specialization? Are supervisors effectively managing their employees?

Are managers and employees kept informed? Do they know what’s going on? Is the grapevine the main source of communication? What are the sources of communication?

I hope you will use the above input in your presentation to attract the attention of the promoters of business. Organizations have opportunities to grow bigger into Price Water House Coopers, Ernest & Young, Deloitte, etc.
To achieve that level of competence you need to have talent pool and intellectual know-how in-house by attracting, rewarding and retaining intellectual competencies to build your organization capabilities.

I think whatever information you got so far on this citeHR is valuable you must make use all information in presentation. Please do not adopt or follow copy paste approach this is dangerous because each organization has uniqueness and policies are different from organization to organization you have to build and create your own set of policies and rules of the game.

Do not depend on any member for readymade templates to copy and display to your management that will fail your mission.

Regards

Sawant

From Saudi Arabia
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.