No Tags Found!

saswatabanerjee

1. Have you checked the Gujarat Rules ? Is there a provision in that for exemption from setting up a creche
2. Have you taken up the matter with the factory inspector or the deputy commissioner of labour about this ? They can also give you a waiver. I am told the Gujarat Labour Dept is very practical in their approach

From India, Mumbai
Mansinb

Ok Thank you very much for answer I will surely check Gujarat Rules. but factory inspectors are not so cooperating and they told that it is compulsory so you have to follow it.
From India, Rajkot
sa_fety

48. Creches.-(1) In every factory wherein more

than '[thirty women workers] are ordinarily employed

there shall be provided and maintained a suitable room

or rooms for the use of children-under the /age of six

years of such women.

(2) Such rooms shall provide adequate accommodation,

shall be adequately lighted and ventilated,

shall be maintained in a clean - and sanitary' condition

and shall be under the charge. of women trained in the

care of children and infants.

(3)- The '[State] Government may make rules--

(a) prescribing the location and the standards

- in respect of construction, accommodation,

furniture and other equipment of rooms to

-be provided, under this section' ;

(b) requiring the provision in factories to which

this section applies of additional facilities

x Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for " Provincial ".

' Subs. by Act 94 of- 1976, s. 23, for "fifty women workers ".

for the care of children belonging to women

workers, including suitable provision of

facilities for washing and changing their

clothing ;

(c) requiring the provision in any factory of

free milk or refreshment or both for such

children ;

(d) requiring that facilities shall be given in

any factory for the mothers of such children

to feed them at the necessary intervals.

From India, Pune
loginmiracle

Dear friends,

I don't know whether I'm right or wrong. I'm very curious to discuss the following two observations of Mr.Mansinh and "Sa-fety" combining together the excerpts of their posts are as follows:

" Mansinb Click on follow to get recommendations from Mansinb follow member

India Rajkot

Subject - Re: Query about section 48 of factories act 1948

No I don't want to claim against the factory but I want to claim against law because we have more than 30 female working in our organisation but they all are unmarried so why should I start creches facility which is totally useless thing for our company? I can spend those money by providing some other welfare activity rather than investing it in creches house."

" 48. Creches.-(1) In every factory wherein more than '[thirty women workers] are ordinarily employed there shall be provided and maintained a suitable room

or rooms for the use of children-under the /age of six years of such women. "

Mansinh says they are "all unmarried women" and the Act says "children of such women", then does it mean the employer should ensure children who are supposed to use the creches should be children of such women only ?

Pl.don't read inbetween lines, I think Mansinh raised a valid point.

kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Mansinb

So, can any one give answer of my que ? I am totally confuse what to do next? why should i invest my money in such useless thing ? I can invest it in many other welfare activity for female employees.
From India, Rajkot
loginmiracle

Hello Dear Mansinh,
Oh common yar, it appears that you do plan only for a shorter period, say for a week, or a month or maximum for a year. How dare you to think that your women employees never get married and don't bear children the next year or thereafter. Look beyond one year as well boss. A creche cannot get wasted atlease in India. That too India is not China, no limits (qty. & quality-age prescribed for bearing children) no age limit to give birth (of course there is age limit to get married, am I correct pal ?.So be prepared to provide a creche now itself to counter the Inspector.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Mansinb

ok thanks for answering I will shortly try to convince my managing director about this. Here in a village our company is working where no girl will work after her marriage then also i will give my suggestion to our management and will talk about this.
Miss Mansi.

From India, Rajkot
loginmiracle

Of course it may be necessary despite the facts, it is the Land of Mr.Modi’s land. Thanks child , wish you all the best for your early marriage as well. May God bless. kumar.s.
From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

Under the central rules, the following exemption is provided for creche. You need to check if Gujarat has the same exemption :
100.Exemption from the provision of creche.-
Rule
pres- (1) In factories where the number of married women or widows cribedunder employed does not exceed 15 or where the factory works for less section 50 read than 180 days in a calendar year, or where number of children withsectionkept in the creche was less than 5 in the preceeding year, the Chief Inspector may exempt such factories from the provisions of section 48 and the rules 92 to 95 made thereunder, if he is satisfied that alternate arrangements as stipulated under sub-rule (2) are provided by the factory.

From India, Mumbai
OP Sharma_2011
It is compulsory because it has nothing to do with their present marital status as any female may get married any time and can have baby.
From India, Nagpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.