No Tags Found!

nashbramhall

I wonder where is Dev, who started the thread has disappeared. What we should really be doing is ask Dev for clarifications and request that Dev give complete details of the scenario: the age and size of the company, were the instructions oral or written (as pointed out by Mr. Dhingra the solution depends on that issue), the reason behind manager's views that all thirty will leave if they are paid (for example, it is possible that their manager has left to join a competitor and is enticeing them to follow him/her; the length of service of the staff, etc.
Have a nice day.
Simhan
A retired academic in the UK

From United Kingdom
mukundan thottekkat

hi! ask your friend to talk the concerned and ask him to give a letter for stop payment, so that she can show to the employee as well as their relatives. with regards, mukund
From India, Ahmadabad
sdscribe
Hi Devnik0202,
I agree with what job_connect_consultancy said, "Get them sign a contract where the employees need to sign up and give assurance that they not looking for change." This is a good option.
Secondly I also agree with what Mr. psdhingra says that your friend should get a written letter from her managers describing their decisions, which also shows their responsibility.
In my opinion, a quick action should follow like this:
Step 1: Get a written letter mentioning the decisions of her managers as evidence.
Step 2: Hold a meeting of all for filling the communication gap and sign a contract between the 30 employees and her managers.
Regards
Shiva Kumar

From India, Kochi
smart recruiters

Hi,

As a HR (Manager/ Executive), managing human resource of the company is one of your main duties. At times you have to even speak for the employees. If 30 employees are planning to quit then there must be some serious issue at the operations level like -
  1. Ill treatment ( partiality based on religion/ caste/ language/ gender)
  2. Incentives not paid in the past
  3. Better work environment and wages offered by a close competitor
  4. etc etc etc...
"THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT DOESN'T HAVE AN ANSWER" similarly "THERE IS NO PROBLEM THAT DOESNT HAVE A SOLUTION"

Solutions can be sourced/ created based on the level of understanding about the problem. In simple words, First try to probe and understand whats provoking them to do such a thing(quitting) & then try to discuss the same with the higher authority in the company.

If the higher authorities start ignoring your talk/ suggestion then inform them that today the number is just 30 tomorrow ist surely going to double & then things will start changing.

Police is not at all required here, just put yourself in the shoes of those employees and understand what is troubling them.

Someone's suggestion that making them sign a agreement/ that
"Get them sign a contract where the employees need to sign up and give assurance that they not looking for change"
The above idea will make you feel better, but a bunch of demotivated employees can do more harm to both yourself & and the organisation.

Have all communications by E-mail only not verbal communication.

This is my opinion about the problem you are facing and finally i would like to say one thing, no employee wants to get into any trouble with you/ anyone unless they are (or their salary) in trouble.

From India, Bangalore
ajeetvarma50

hi,
Its surprising -non payment of salary of 30 employees with out any valid reason is not justified. This also give bad message and the name of the organisation will be maligned. I think if any one goes to the court, the person holding the salary without any reason will be accountable in the eyes of law. Be careful dealing with such situations.
Regards.

From India, Mumbai
Subhash Bhandari
Dear friend,
You need to pay their salaries ASAP otherwise they can file a case in labour department under timely payement act and according to act minimum penalty of 10 times of wages can be demanded.

From India, Delhi
shish

Yes i am also agree with mr.dhingra, you can not hold salary of employee for uncertain period without any cause. Shish ram uniyal 09811681660
From India, New Delhi
svsrana

holding salary is unfair practise.
people who are not leaving right now will start looking for change.
what is required is a Compensation & benefits strategy which will address the issues which the cos is facing.
why is your cos being treated like a nursery of talent ?
setup a training institute if there is a demand for experienced people & when these people join they are greenhorns and the duration spent in cos is less.
or
same fashion - setup a profit center for training if skills imparted are much in demand
or
define a career path, how many people can you give a career.
have a retention bonus for good performers who are loyal.
have a skill based pay..
build a strong brand
share more details, then i can advise

From India, Delhi
arbind006

hello a healthy discussion I strongly agreed with the suggestions given by Dhingara Sir, Regards
From India, Ahmadabad
kamleshkanojia

Dear
Please note at the 1st instant you can not hold salary of any employee without having any legal issue against him.
Your managment is doing this against the law and getting indulged in unfair labour practices. As per payment of wages Act your company needs to pay to its employees on the declared pay day. Also if your company has not paid to any employee on the pay day, they need to put a notice as on what next date payment will be done. If still not paid this salary would have to be deposited with office of Labour commissioner with reason for not making payment.
In no circumstances you can hold anyones salary unless or untill some serious misconduct have been done by the concerned employee.
Law will not be on your side for such act of your managment and they will have to face consequences if some one goes to court? Please read the law. You or your managment can not do something which is against the law.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.