ngurjar

Forgot to mention, I believe in the US, the notice period is not more than 2 weeks. So as an expat, you could resign and use your two weeks leave. Its better to be to the point, especially for safeguarding your references....
From United States, Daphne
ninpins

Hi
Can you come up with instance which ticked off your boss? Why is your boss favouring your junior? Did you commit any blunder? If you still cant come up with any answers then do as all have suggested. Move on.
BTW is there a possibility of restructuring wherein your can report to another boss?
All the best
Regards

From India, Visakhapatnam
brokpa2
From the way you have put in, it appears you are going through tough time. If i may ask you...is your boss truly trying to sideline you? do you fully believe in whatever your customer tell you? how has been your relation with your boss before and now? what would have made him change his opinion now, if there is any change? do you believe that the junior guy is performing better than you, in terms of efficiency? isn't your boss trying to build capacity in junior guys as a means to succession planning? isn't your job indispensable? have you ever failed in your duties and why?

Try asking above few questions. If you still feel you are being sidelined, perhaps it is good to speak to your boss. Be soft and put up your point straight. Tell him your feelings. Don't confront or pick up the argument with your boss. As far as i am concerned, confrontation will be my last resort. After having exhausted with all means to come to expected normal situation, you may escalate the matter to the higher management.

Even after having done all you could do, and if there is no change in the way he handles you, perhaps, exit may be a right approach. No matter how high is your pay, no matter how hard you work, but if you have strained your relations with boss, colleagues, then you would not enjoy working.

Meanwhile, please keep up and cheers!

Dorji

From Bhutan, Thimphu
deepak_rgp
Hi,
There may be other possibilities that your boss may need your services in higher responsibilities. In this situation be positive and try to develop your skill for higher responsibilities because of following reasons:-
1. Your boss might like to share some of his responsibilities with you and do same for his boss for rising high in the organization.
2. If you leave your current organization there is a chance that you would not like to be in the same responsibilities but in higher responsibilities, so the skills that you have developed will be needed in your organization or in the new organization.
In both the situations you will be in win-win situation and even if you have to leave the organization you don't know when you need the help of your former team members for some help.
I am from cement industry I don't know how it will work in services industry. But I still hope this must work.
Regards,
Deepak

From India, Bhubaneswar
Parasar Lahiri
Dear Swaresh,
Though it may sound queer, but I underwent a similar situation. I am from an engineering mfg. industry in India, working in the company for last 10 years. For the last 2 years I faced a similar situation. I felt I should not give it up and fought out. I apprised the senior mgmt. but found out that they actually knew it. Finally I managed to get a good job and tendered my resignation. Post resignation mgmt. is negotiating to keep me back with offerings for pay hike and promotion. Think over it again and try to find a good job in US itself....
Best of Luck...
S.L.

From India, Calcutta
sumathi.p

Wonderful suggestion Sateesh, total insights you have projected, I feel your explanation if fully justified. It would be beneficial, if Swaresh can understand what exactly you are trying to communicate. Different ogranisations have different HR set-ups. The Values and behaviours also matter for certain organisations, more than the work of the associates. Hence it is all in Swaresh's hand to think and take a positive step, instead of moving with negative thoughts, of getting boss's deeds to the forefront of the TOP management, which may not work at all. Having another option on hand and taking such issues to the management and leaving the organisation will definately help others who remain. At the most the person can get a chance of retaining with a promise, that they would be taken care of in such situations.

My belief is everything happens happens for a good purpose. May be its time for Swaresh to leave the place too.. He need to work towards the destiny if it is called for...

Have a good day...

flower_floss@yahoo.com

Simple! its high time you change your job n also try to analyse if there is any mistake from your end which can be rectified ... All the best !!
From India, Calcutta
sweetybanku
Hello Dear,
I can understand your pathetic situation because i have faced same situations in my only three years career line. As per human tendency we do not try to find out the solutions always we go with the options. Job change is an option only. I am asking to everybody who will start the fight for the same. There are many Process in our law which can help us but first need is to encourge ourself for the same. I think after getting this good HR form then we go with the options then there is no benefit to maintain ourself as a responsible employee and litreare person.If you are doing your dutuies then why not you can ask about your rights.Still you are working in the same company. start to get collect evidence of your hardwork which will work like as a mastercard in front of top management. Silently you can make your own way because whatever you have done you should not loose.Always remember WE HAVE TO BE IN SYSTEM TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM.
And still you are the part of system.

From India, Gurgaon
samuel63
These kinds of politics exists in every company. It is clear that your boss is playing games to chuk you out of the system.
My dear it is time to look outside of your company and join another company.

From India, Hyderabad
K.Sreenivasan

Introspect. Find out what more you can do how much more you can contribute. If you still feel that you are being sidelined, look for a change of job without any further delay. These days it is not wrong to shift. It could be that, your current boss does not want a senior person to do the sort of work and he is giving you an indication to that effect. You can even discuss with your boss openly. Wish you all good. God bless you.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.