soundar_mysore
We totally share the lament expressed by many regarding the atrociously poor English skills among young Engineers and MBAs, just out college. We facilitate enhancement of English skills in a couple of post-graduate colleges, and online too. We have been quite popular among the students mainly for two reasons - the grammar principles are brought-in through the back door, and help to rid the 'English phobia' through the TGI (Transformational Guided Imagery) module.
The customised and contextualised modules are largely inspired by the Natural Grammar Principle enunciated by Dr. Scott Thornbury. The delivery of modules are based on the Peer Instruction Methodology propounded by Dr Dric Mazur of Harvard University.
Soundar Rajan
Ramanarasimha
Mysore
+91 9448354726

From India, Bangalore
KS Rao.

Hello Friends,
Friends Professionals and Intellectuals have expressed their valueable views on this topic. Their experiences are worthy of taking a note. Many Institutions and coaching centers who are in the business of imparting English Communication Skills, are focusing first on grammar and then activities. But primarily, what I feel is imparting speaking skills involves in cultivating a habit of speaking first. The student should get rid of the fear of speaking. Once he develops a habit of speaking, then he can correct his language. As a second step one should also develop good amount of vocabulary which is absolutely necessary to learn any language. Once the student has enough of vocabulary and cultivated speaking habit, I think he can speak reasonbly good English. Views are welcom.

From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

Hi Shariani,

I refer to your posting. I am conducting Campus Recruitment Training in Engg Colleges in Andhra Pradesh. I completed the module in two collges in Anantapur, AP and now likely to go to Vizag. It is really challenge to make the students come out and share their problems in terms of communication. I have to do lot of coaxing with practical games linked to communication. I also share modules on Aptitude, Leadership Skills, Problem solving etc. Unlike MNCs and IT companies, Trainers are paid a pittance when it comes to Engg Collges but then I am driven more my passion and with a desire to improve the knowledge levels of the children of next generation and not by MONEY. The infrastructure in many engg colleges in interiors of the country is owefully lacking but it I still manage to take all those shortcomings in my stride !

You can check my profile attached herewith. I also have my own website: R2R HR Services.

I will be willing to do my bit of contribution for the betterment of students.

Thanks.

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc BRIEF PROFILE OF NK SUNDARAM.doc (58.0 KB, 77 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.