No Tags Found!

nawal50
You must mention designation . It shows identity of a person working in an organisation .you can decide not to mention designation below certain cadre
i.e designation up to officer level only.
Regards nkkundrai

From India, Indore
monishapep@yahoo.com

Dear Priya,
I feel designation should not be the part of ID card and reasons for it as below;
1) If promotion happens witinn a year then keeping a track and issuing new one as and when it requires is very difficult job to do for admin or HR person.
2) Having id card around the neck is to promote the feeling of loyalty and commitment towards company
3) It gives the sense of belonging ness and working in team feeling and not categarized people by there designation or hierarchy.
4) And last but not the least ID card holder is for access control entry and record your presentee which gives a direct input for payroll calculation its not for the descrimination of any emopoyee by notifying him or her by his designation.
Hope this will help you
Regards,
Mona

From India, Mumbai
vcalathif

I believe your top management must have visiting cards with their designation. If they do not have it currently, think about it... they will be more happy to carry them in their vallets and to proudly hand it over to their clients than hanging an ID around their neck. It will satisfy their ego better..

svermasverma
The best way to handle this typical situation is to tell that its against company policy and specifically that employee id card is different from employees' business cards where designation is must. Generally ID card is to be used with in the location and the office and with in the location more or less all employees know other people designation, so designation is not the requirement. If they want to give or tell other people their designation they should use office business cards. Hope it helps.
From India, Hyderabad
flower_floss@yahoo.com

Yesterday evening I had spoken to our director regarding this matter that all VP's and senior level officers are not accepting this Icard because it does not have their designation mentioned. I had summed up all the views and suggestions in this thread and told him that mentioning desiganation will lower the morale of employees who are in the lower cadre, it would mentally cause some effects directly or indirectly and hamper team work and it would also if costly to change ICards every year after promotion. He understood this situation and told me to go ahead with what I have done. I communicated this to our Senior Officers. They have clearly told me that they are not satisfied with this card and would keep it on their desk.

This is just not one war I have suffered, I have suffered many such wars in this company because I dont have a team, I am the single member and just because my team size is 0 , people speak and does whatever they feel like. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. I heartily do it for the organisation benefit, employee benefit but atlast my work is either criticized or is totally stopped.

Eg. I had arranged for free eye testing camp from a reputed brand at our office premises. All employees , be it a senior or junior were claiming that I had got some kind of benefit from these optical house and so I had arranged for all this. Seniors had told me in my face. I do so much for them, atlast I score only criticism.

This is a small company located at West Bengal but has many branches across India. I am the 1st person to set up this HR Department and also this is my first stage of carrier. I get lots of support from our director. But the employees in the senior positions do not abide by the rules. These seniors are 50-60 yrs old and are not atall flexible. I dont understand why they are not inclined to change management. Why dont they understand that we are doing it for our organisational benefit which is equally connected to their own benefit. Same resistance have been in case of Employee ID card also.

Thank you citehr friends, you all have supported me a lot to face this issue.

Once again thanks a ton.

From India, Calcutta
sujaykumar.k
Just a thought
Have blood group on the ID card, It save life in time of Emergency.
Change the color of Tag ( rope/ what every used for hanging the card) for Seniors/ Salary Band, like if 5yrs- Blue, 10 Yrs- Green,
Band A Blue, Band B Green..
Cheers,
Sujay

From United States, Bloomfield
manishpd07
Its always favourable to put Designation in ID card but most of the IT companies don not follow this practice, since they are suppose to work in team.
you can simply do is club the desination along with employee number which the parent organization can understand but may be not possible for the other company do distinguish.
may be this is the only way a win- win situation can be there.
Manish

From India, Mumbai
moonmoonhr
Hi,
No IT companies use designation in ID cards. Company Logo, name , Employee name , code , company address ( optional) and blood group is important. Some companies also write emergency contact number. Blood group an emergency contact number helps if the employee meets any accidents . This is a standard practice.
What you can do is collect sample of at least 10 big reputed companies like Tata, Infosys TCS, Cognizant, Reliance and show them to your management. Also, you cannot change ID cards with promotions or expansion of roles.
We have visiting cards for that purpose.
ID cards are used primarily to identify and have access to business premises. Designation should in visiting cards only , which is used for business interactions.

From India, Pune
pavi_ldj
what you done is right,. it is not so elegant to put designation on their ID cards.
if they insist - you may 1. add a tag just before their emp ID number. ex. HR-0042, IP-0038, SA-0021,SA-0022,..
2. or another best alternate is to put a thin vertical/horizontal band over the card. ex. Saffron band for top mgnt, Blue band for executives, Green, ...
Pavi Praveen
pavi_ldj at yahoo dot co dot in

From India, Bangalore
neha.nevergiveup
Hi Priya,
Designations in ID Cards will create a problem going forward during time of promotions.
During time of promotions their designations will get changes and it will increase unnecessary expense for the company.
Regards,
Neha

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.