No Tags Found!

santui

Dear Sir,
I am working in steel industry as Manager Hr and has joined this company just one year back. With lot of followup I could succeed in getting certified companies standing orders from labour commissioner pending since last five years for certification.. But the same are not cleared fully by labour commissioner since union representatives are arguing that standing orders are also applicable to some contract emloyees working under contractor in our company. I argued that these standing orders are applicable only to permant employees of the company and not to contract labours. Unoin representatives are also arguing that some contact emoployees working in plant in manufactureinfg process are to be convertred as permanent employees oterwise.
We would like get certified standing orders.. Please advice whether we can continue without certified standing orders only on Model standing orders foreever.
Thankis.

From India, Pune
srinivasa.v
Dear Sir,
1.Contact DLC of your area and brief him seriouness of the situation .He may guide you .
2.A Contract or casual employee cannot be converted to permanent employee .Care should be taken to give a break for contract employees for every 6 or 7 months and start their contract again afresh.
3.Standing orders also applicable to trainees,apprentices and casual labours . Standing orders doesnt say any casual labour to be converted to permanent employee.
Check with your DLC for certified standing orders of your company.

malikjs

dear
you have got certification of standing orders of your company employees .
if you go to applicablity clause it clearly mentioned that it is applicable to so and so company employees.so it is not applicable to contractor employees as they are not your employees.when they are not in your control than how you can force them your standing orders.
when they are not your employees than how you are reqd to take them on your roll on permanent basis.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.