No Tags Found!

D P S Chauhan
My dear Viewers,
9 to 6 is not the question. The question is how to manage your work. HR has very vide area. HR maintains liason relationship with his seniors, juniors and outside clients++++++official written work, decision/ policy making, attending meeting, mentoring, advising, etc.etc. Do not assume work like a Babu. Explore your potential, and if you succeed, you will not need a Watch.
Be happy.[IMG]https://www.citehr.com/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]
dps chauhan

From India, Delhi
abudhilleswar
It is true that HR not necessarily work extra hours on all days, but needs to sit during month ends, apprisal / reward workings etc - simply as and when need arises has to pwork for extra hours.
From India, Hyderabad
anitha.p
As HR we should be good in time management.If any emergency meetings calls for then it is ok to stay back and complete it.But in the rest cases i feel you always have NEXT DAY to work and complete our task.
Social life is very important.The company plays a role in our life for only 4 to 5 yrs max.If anything happens our family members and other people will be there throught out oru life.
By end of the day we as a person play a very important in our relations Regards,
Ani

From India, Bangalore
vijibalaji
Hi Guys, I also accept the same. HR have to work according to the situation. No time constraint is needed in HR profession. VijiBalaji:)
From India, Madras
darshak mehta

No there is no compulsion for HR People to work between 9 to 6 only but as per my view HR People should work in flexi time as per the Company/ Mangt.Requriement suppose if it is Manufacturing Industries then sometimes there is need of HR People in mid night also.
Regards
Darshak Mehta

From India, Mumbai
shaival.tiwari

Dear All,
This is a great discussion .
I would like to add, for us TIME is not a constraint when we work actually we have a specific assigments for us if I am not wrong. So to finish that assingment we do invest more time in company.
But we have to control time and preferance of work in given time, Because we are person who says that late sitter are having less efficient for TIME management.
What you say........................!!!!!!!!!!

From India, Mumbai
venkata raja

Hi,
According to my view HR Executive or Manager are the most leisure job in corporates.Working hours will be very less comparative with other professionals. If u dont have work you have to sit idle until 6 PM:)
Regards,
R.Raja

From India, Bangalore
aashima
hi All,

According to my opinion, it is not a criteria to judge a person's capability by the hours a person is putting up at work. What i mean here to say it is not neccessarily a person who is putting up long hours may be productive and even that hold true vice-versa. What is more important is being HONEST to your work.We should also remember in our working lives, along with long hours at work we are also giving long hours to commuting.. so we have to be equally be there for our family to create a work-life balance. So, even if we are putting up regular hours in office we should not feel guilty that we are not following a so called culture of staying back which is unhealthy anyways.....

In the words of the leadership guru Robin Sharma as he said -'' Whenever you are on your deathbed, one thing that you will never wish will be -I wish i had spend more time in office''

So, let's rather concentrate on being productive in the time we spend in office and should only practice the culture of extending when it's a genuine need because the work cannot be carried forward rather than to be a show-off....

Regards,
Aashima

From United States
Nirzari_27882
Frankly speaking in my entire career i have never left at the said time.. HR Has lots of work in addition to Normal day to day activity & i don think in the Corporate word an individual can stick to time frame and as long as when it talks abt managing Work.
But i do agree to this point that if your work is scheduled properly u can of course leave on time and u don have to keep up till late...
So i thik all the HR will agree that we also do not stick to Time frame & wen work calls we also stay late and finish it on time...

From India, Mumbai
Dep.deep4u
Well well well, it is a quite a tricky question to ask whether a HR person should work between 9 to 6 only!
If you look at the whole situation in the market then you will realise that it depends on what kind of vertical or business you are working for??
If you work for a sales oriented organisation then you might have to sit after 6/7 also as there are times when people take meetings.
In IT it is basically recruitment that keeps the HR person busy... so when the requirements come they work till 9 o colck too and the boss tells you to sit for that many hours nd Boss is always right according to some hypothetical enigmatic person!!
Yeah in a lot of companies HR doesnt have that much work unless it the payroll time..:)
Another thing that you can add is that HR role has been expanded to take care of training, induction, recruitment, job description, staffing, exit , pF and all ... now the way companies are expanding people are working under a lot of pressure and it is always been in everyones mind that a frustrated person leaves the job ... only HR can retain themm...wherein in most cases their bosses should take the initiative of doing that.
Every company has got some people who cry and everyone is sent to the HR's door for a solution.. which we are bound to come up with even if we have no idea about the problem or the solution. If someone wants leaves...HR, if someone wants got less salary..HR, if someone is upset with his gf...HR, if someone is not coming on Time...HR, if someone is pisses on his boss....HR, now like this you can have hundreds of cases everyday and we are supposed to be the gods of solutions for all such problems..
As far as time is concerned.. it is your call if u complete your work on time...leave on time..nothin wrong with that....you also have a social life and friends to hang out with..family to be with!

I hope every HR person can leave on time and make a happy life....for them and for others too!!

Deep

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.