No Tags Found!

Birbal.Sindhu
Dear Team,
Required your guidance as per Payment of Gratuity Act clause no. 7(1) "Intimation to controlling authority regarding payment of gratuity to be given"
We are paying the gratuity to the eligible employees with in the prescribed norms obtaining Form-i and Form-L. Is it mandatory to send the intimation to controlling authority on regular basis. or the same is required to be send in case of any dispute on determination of amount of gratuity.

From India, Nagar
Madhu.T.K

Intimating the payment of gratuity at every time is not required. Even collection of form I from the employee is not ordinarily required when the employer is paying the gratuity in time and the same is not challenged. The employer is liable to pay it even if the employee has not asked for it. Section 4 mandates that it is payable. Therefore, the employee need not request (form I) for gratuity. But when the gratuity is paid, as a token of acceptance we collect an acknowledgment in form L. There is no need to send the communication to the Controlling authority. It is required only when there is any dispute and the Controlling authority directs the employer to determine and pay the gratuity.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.