No Tags Found!

preet_jhang2004@yahoo.com

John,
I had heard that the rule of being five years with the organization was being contemplated and was thinking of redcuing the period ! So please let me know if there ia nything such thing in process or being debated over
Cordially,
preet

From India, Bangalore
purshottamsaini

Hello Trisha,
I have read at some other site that the sealing of Gratuity has been increased. Is that true ?
If yes, do you have the Copy of G.O. or press release of the same ?
If you have then please provide the copy G.O.
Thanks n regards,
Purshottam Saini

From India, Calcutta
trisha_hr

Dear Saini Greetings. To my knowledge the ceiling of Gratuity that one can get is not more than Rs.3.5 lakhs. There is no fresh amendment in this act Cheers Trisha HR Professional
From India, New Delhi
nilendrachand

True, Till now the limit is fixed at 3,50,000. This is the last amendment in this act. I have not heard of any other amendment till so far Regards, Nilendra

narayanrao.mp

hi
the gratuity is for the employees those have completed their five yrs. of contineous service / uninterupted service in the organisation are eligible.
so your company is new after few days all the employees whose 5 yrs. of service completed are eligible.
the max. amt. of the gratuity is Rs. 3,50,000
the gratuity is calculated @ 15 days salary for his completed services.
Narayan

From India, Pune
sumi71

Hi Purushotam Saini,
As far as Gratuity act is concerned the maximum limit is Rs.3,50,000/-. But however, if the management wishes to give more than the maximum limit they can give, but the amount paid over and above Rs.3,50,000/- is taxable.
Regards,
Umesh.S

From India, Bangalore
Kayal

Hi Saini Agree with Umesh. In our organisation, fund is maintained with LIC and there is no ceiling on Gratuity. Amount paid as Gratuity above than 3.5 lacs is taxable. Kayal

amitshah

Hi All,
I think everyone has given their views on this and surely Anitha would have gain the knowledge out of it.
I would like to point out only one thing, which Mr Umesh have said in his post
that "Even for less than 1 day for 5 yrs. the gratuity is not payable"
But i think, in fifth year if the employee has worked for minimum 240 days or more than that would be eligible to get the gratuity claim for total 5 yrs. The notification is also available for this rule.
I know this because we have paid the gratuity to one of our employee in the same condition. He only produced the same.
Guys, pl. do update urself on this.
Thanks,
Amit

From India, Mumbai
sumi71

Hi Amit,
Thanks for your update. The rule which I have mentioned is as per the meeting when we had with Dy.Commissioner of Labour, who is handling the gratuity. But it was some time ago. May be later on there may be a notification in this regard. If you could post the notification scan copy here it would help us in updating ourself.
Thanks & Regards,
Umesh.S

From India, Bangalore
Amith R Murthy

Hi Amitshah,
I completely agree with you about the number of days that you have mentioned as 240 days. I would like to know if an employee works for 9 years and in the last 2 years if he as not worked minimum of 240 days than in such a case will he get his Gratuity for only 7 years or complete 9 years. In such a case may be it is left to company but what does the Law says, can anyone clarify me on this.................
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.