No Tags Found!

siva-c
One of my past employers did not give me a relieving letter as I gave 30 day notice period but the employer is asking me to serve 90 day notice period, I told them that I can't serve 90 days I can serve 30 days only. After left from orientation because of family issues.
My life was turned into hell in that company, and I was so frustrated that I had to leave without exit formalities.
It was an initial period of my career and I did not know the importance of a relieving letter (or any other professional documents).
I served that company for 4 years.
After leaving that company, I joined two other companies by telling them in advance that I was working in that company and did not have a relieving letter from them.
Now I want to get a job in some MNC and know that I will need to submit all relieving letters of my career for the background verification process.
Since the background verification processes are usually very strict, it looks like my entire career is doomed.
So how to manage this situation

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Yes proper relieving is always important. Just find out with your ex-employer about the feasibility of getting relieving order now by making some compensation amount?
From India, Madras
uhcia

2 things here,

1. in order for you to show 4 years of work ex with the organization, you need to submit experience/relieving letter. That experience will be used to peg your grade band and salary band in your future org. with out having the letter you would have forgo the experience.

2. Many MNC's does background verification for the last employed organization. So in this case there is a chance they would not ask for feedback in the 1st org.

Experience certificate is mandatory for all employers to give to its employees (this letter simply mention your joining date and last working date), Relieving letter (had additional points like your feedback designation etc.) on the other hand need not be given to all cases like absconding/termination etc.

So ask your employer to provide experience letter and submit the same.

From India, undefined
raghunath_bv

Hi Shiva,

Here are some steps you can take to manage this situation:

Contact Your Previous Employer:

Try reaching out to your previous employer and explain the situation. Politely request a relieving letter or any other relevant documentation that can confirm your employment there.
Explain the Situation to Prospective Employers:

When applying for a new job, be transparent about the situation. Let them know that you left your previous job without the formal exit process due to extenuating circumstances.
Provide References from Other Employers:

If possible, provide strong references from your subsequent employers. This can help to vouch for your work ethic and professionalism, even if you don't have a relieving letter from your problematic previous job.
Show Proof of Employment:

If you have any other documentation like payslips, offer letters, or emails confirming your employment, make sure to keep them handy. They can serve as supplementary evidence.
Explain Your Learning Experience:

During interviews or in your application, you can discuss what you learned from the experience and how you've grown professionally since then.
Consider Legal Advice:

If all else fails, you may want to consult with an employment lawyer. They can advise you
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.