No Tags Found!

reniee
Recently, I was hired by an organisation on a 9 months probation as Sr.Manager-Business Development. Within 15 days the employer wanted to put my papers down as he found someone with a less CTC. My CTC is 18 lacs per annum. Am I eligible for a severance payment, as they have extended my service for another 15 days. If I am eligible how much am I eligible for and what to do if they are not willing to pay the same.
Note: I am not eligible for any benefits during my probation period like PF, Leave pay, gratuity etc..

From India, Bengaluru
umakanthan53

There is no mention in the post about the conditions of severance in the contract of service. Even otherwise, the employer has the right to terminate the services of a probationer without assigning any reason or on the ground of unsuitability to the organization. Therefore, in my opinion the poster is not entitled to any severance pay.
From India, Salem
Suresh Rathi

Dear RENIEE ,
As explained by Mr.Umakanthan.M, it appears that you , due to being on probation are not legible for severance payments--unless any clause of you employment specifically covers that.
For instances we had a clause for an employee that we will give at least 3 months notice in case his services were no longer required and he also had to give us three months notice in case of resignation.
Regards,
Col.Rathi

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.