No Tags Found!

archnahr

Hi Venkat,
Thanks a lot for sharing this case.
I really believe in what you say, All the crucial mails, letters, memo and other things should be checked properly before sending to the team.
Thanks for sharing this valuable point in the forum, it will surely help all of us to improve our communicaton practices.
I'll wait for what more you have to share :D , let us see what other members share in this post.
Thanks
Archna

From India, Delhi
banerjee_gunjan

Hi archana,

I dont know that whether this case will be in the circumference of comuunications but i have expierienced few things in my organisation which i would like to share with you.

I did my training in this organisation where i am currently working, during my final sem ....that time they offered me job for Hr in this organisation...saying that we dont have HR dept... we would like to see you in our organisation...working with us... i also joined ...the major job was to handle the reporting system...which was not properly...scheduled and implemented..... i designed the reporting system as per the requirements given to me... we implemented it...but then they(employees) resented back and strongly resisted ....and then started the politics in my organisation....they never use to report and then i have to run as my boss asked me to submit the report...i was not supposed to own that system... the comunication was ...like such that i was never involved in the discussions regarding this thing.... they influenecd the director and he asked me to stop the system... now iam doing nothing other than doing all donkeys work..... the problem is that being an outsider i never get what they are saying in telegu.....even they know eneglish they never spk to harras me.... i dont know what to do....????

language is something which shud be common in any organisation....so that other people can understand, and respond back..... this situation is really irritating.... i am fed up of facing this thing every day.....they are not at all cooperative ...s o many times i told them to spk in english ...while they are in meeting ..including me as a participant...but in vains ....they dont care about this .....

hope this can help you....

if you can suggest me anything then it will be of great help to me.

Regards,

Gunjan

From India, Delhi
sabarivenkat

This is a typical case of bad recruitment, delegation without empowerment, action without thought, no empathy towards a suffering colleague and thus resulting in eroding culture. All on the part of the organisation.
If the top management does not wish to change or extend a helping hand to you despite your attempts in explaining the situation... friend.. you have an option still. The world is wide. Seek out a career elsewhere. On your part, please do a background check about the organisation you intend to join.
All the best..
Rgds. Venkat

From India, Mumbai
archnahr

Hi Gunjan,
The case you have mentioned is really of help.
Language is a very crucial barrier in the process of Communication.
I have read many articles and case studies which indicates the Language problem as a cause of failure of the organisations.
As Venkat has rightly said, there is not just one problem in your organsation, there are many. Top Management ignores you, your boss is not cooperating, colleagues as mentioned harrass you?
Phew..., How can you work with them?? :( If I have been in your place I would have left the company long back, dear. Try and do that, I don't think a girl like you should get so much problems.
This is the time when you should be making your career but also this is the best period to enjoy life and you face such people in your company.
Go out and start looking for options, there are many opportunities for people like you.
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
banerjee_gunjan

Thanks archana,
Well I am looking out for the opportunities but the thing is that being new here , i don't have much references ...and ultimately the result is negative... well i have given one interview last week...please prey for me that i clear the final round...so that i can leave this horrible work place.
how is the DElhi meet planning is going on.....Wish you success for the same.
Regards
Gunjan

From India, Delhi
sabarivenkat

Is the lack of reference leading to denial of an opportunity.. ? May not be. Revisit the queries you posed in your interviews and your answers to them. Try to improve upon. If you are explaining the negativities in your present job as the reason for leaving, pls restrain from doing so. Tell them in simple terms that you are looking for a better career.

Do not let your emotions take control of the situation at your office. Despite the 'horrible' enviro you are in, try to concentrate on your assignment and try to deliver the best. I know how difficult it would nbe. But it is not something impossible. Anyway you have decided to leave and it is the question of a breakthru. Dont discuss your intentions with any one in your office. Try and just leave. It is quite important that you part with a handshake. When asked at the time of your leaving, tell politely that you could not deliver the best in the existing environment of the organisation. Seek your boss's best wishes and bid good bye.

Dont kill yourself in anxiety and self pity. Accept the situation, work your way out, live each moment and enjoy life.

ALL THE BEST. Rgds. Venkat

From India, Mumbai
santhosh jacob

Hai Archana

You wanted to have a say about him so I shall describe his Character.

He is a person in his mid forties had served the Airforce in a lower cadre after 20 years of service he had come out. When given an oppurtunity as an Admin Officer, he had thought that post to be a one in which he can oppress others as he was done in his period of service in the Defence. So he wanted to show the dominance over others. Because the state of suppression all these years has made him to unviel the vengeance towards the colleagues. He always thinks negative. Whenever a job is done by us as a team, he would project as if he had done it alone to his higher authorities. And whenever people from the Headquarters come to visit the center, he would receive them in his car, would take them for lunch or dinner and would do all kinds of hospitality and would make sure that they go by his words and make them believe that only because of him that our College is running. Because of his attitude more than 7 people have resigned in search of tortureless pastures.

In short he wants to project himself as a saviuor and would do nothing to develop the college, but would claim the work done by others as if done by him.

From India, Madras
tomarsu
Hi Archana,
I found that you are really interested to know about communicaction. I have beed working with the communication more that two years and I got a lot of real life examples. For example, when you left my native(Gwalior) and came to Hyderabad I found that I have great difficulty to communicate with the people because here people communicate either in English or in Telgu. But, today one will not believe that I became mentor for people within two year to make peolple understand the importance of communication. I visit Colleges, Corporate and many places to make people aware of communication. Could please tell more about your background or accupatoin so that I could help you about it? I may check this rarely so you can email me to .
Thanks...................Raj

HR_India

Hi Archana
Communication plays a vital role in everyone's life. i would like to share a situtaion that has happened with my friend. She is very good in academics and intellectual. but the negative aspect is she lacks in expressing her ideas & views since she lack in communicating to others. i have noticed that she can talk fluently in her mother tongue where as she cant explain the same topic in english. we had a presentation in the class and her team members appreciated her for the excellent info gathered by her and for taking the initiative. but when she tried to giva a presentation in the class it was flop and she got the lowest marks among our team. all our friends advised her to contemplate on her communication skills and her negligence routed her to being jobless because of lck in communication skills.
i dont know whether this can help but, i wanted to share this with our members to pin point the importance of a good communication
thanks
karuna

From India, Madras
senthil raj

dear archana,

As you know very well , the communication plays vital role in the universe. The communiction may be any sort.

When i read your post and the details you wanted, i thought immediately 'the case of priyadharsini matto'.

It was reported that the communication from investigating agency to the honourbale court was not clear and lacking. hence the case was dismissed. thank god ...the people, media and hon'ble court took the case again and gave direction to the investigating agency. (TOI, 01-09-2006)

Another reference is

There are so many succides are happening here and one of the important point for the cause is that the communication from parents or others to the victim was very rude. There was no warm or meaning or support or hep in their communiction, hence the victim was tempted.

If a young boy or girl failed in the exam. What and How the communiction should be from their parents, relatives, friends. It should very encouraging, supporting, motviating, relaxing. But in practice, we know how the communications are .....hence young people tend to go for artificial death.

Above are came to my mind immeidately. i am not very sure whether this cases will be useful to you.

I will think more and send you.

wishes for your paper

senthil raj

From Costa Rica, San José
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.