gkr100

I noticed that the draft rules published only talk about the raising of the limit from 15,000 to 21,000. Whereas the news articles last month also mentioned that existing insured persons would also be given the option to continue their membership even if their salary crosses the limit of 21,000. So does that mean the optional coverage beyond 21,000 salary will have to be notified separately either as an amendment or draft rule again?
From India, Delhi
I. M. ANAND

In my last thread I had raised the question of rule of allotment of Insurance No. with in ten days. If notification in-forced from October 1, 2016 it would breach of law and in current position notification yet not in-forced as such we can't get the Insurance number. Should we get the Insurance number of those persons, who are expected to become member under the scheme?
From India, Chandigarh
CarolineThomas
Hi HR colleagues, from an organization/HR perspective, what is the impact the raise in ESIC wages could have? Thanks
From United Arab Emirates
I. M. ANAND

jkmcemail 19 You are right, but employer means entrepreneur in does not matter in the Act, whether he is employing 2 persons or 2 lacs. Definition of employer is the same in all the Indian Acts.
From India, Chandigarh
I. M. ANAND

It is not the question of one or some employer. If majority of employer oppose it in India, then it may effect. Usually large scale of employers do not bother for that. Moreover it would be decided in the next meeting of the ESI standing committee, which includes Labour and Employer's and representatives. It is social welfare scheme usually objections may not be accepted due to financially burden. So maximum expectations off its passing, but date of effect may not be cleared till the notification. In this respect I agree with the answer of Mr Moondra
From India, Chandigarh
elumalai elugan
suppose esic 21000 ceiling approved that time more burden from the company side
From India, Velluru
sumitk.saxena

Dear All, Enclosing the press release note in the matter of cealing rose of esic from 15000/- to 21000/- for the reference. Thanks & Regards, From, Sumit Kumar Saxena
From India, Ghaziabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf ESIC raises wages 15000 to 21000.pdf (65.0 KB, 125 views)

I. M. ANAND

Hi all, about threshold decision raising of salaries/wages from 15000 to 21000 under ESI Act amendment, I think too much discussion has been made in this forum and according to this discussion the result has come out that this amendment would effect only after the notification by the Central Govt., which may not come before 6th November 2016 and positively it would be effected from December 2016 (i notification issued before 1st December 2016), because if not effected from 1st December workers/IP may qualify the 92 days of service of 92 days to avail sickness/maternity benefit required under the ESI Act. If not effect from 1st December no one would complete the 92 days service in next three months, because total days would be 90 in January to March. Hence it would be applicable from !st April 2017. The statement of Labour Minister or say chairman of any standing committee cannot make the law without issue of notification under the official gazette.So let we wait for the notification. Till that I think we should have to stop this topic and wait for the notification and should leave the final decision on the notification.
From India, Chandigarh
I. M. ANAND

Whether there has been made new rule that EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION OF EPF/EPS 3.67/8.33 would not be returned to employee till the age of 57/59 years. I have read in another form that this kind rule has been made from February 2016. Is there any kind of circular/notification issued by the department?
From India, Chandigarh
Sags123
Hi All,
A small doubt,am working in a company where they are looking to regularize the employment with PF and ESI from Nov 2016.(No PF or ESI was deducted earlier)
so the new amendment will be applicable to all the existing employees who are getting gross salary of below 21000 or only for the new employees joined in the month of Oct 2016.
Regards,
Sagar

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.