No Tags Found!

tajsateesh

Hello Divya Chandarana,

Raj Kumar has come-out with ABSOLUTE GEMS--food for IMMEDIATE action @ your end.

Here's some food for 'thought', meaning self-introspection by you.

The termination action by you--which YOU THINK was 'deserving'--does seem to have been PERCEIVED from a 180deg view [i.e., absolutely NOT deserving] by the employee--WHY?

And when she posted whatever she did on your Facebook account, she must have felt the same way YOU DID when she was terminated--except that the roles are reversed now.

Do you think this calls for any sort of self-introspection--meaning: is there the REMOTEST chance of you CONTRIBUTING to her opinion about you? Just give this a thought. In this context, pl note that I AM NOT saying you did this or that WANTONLY. Many times we do something WITHOUT either knowing or realizing the consequences--after all, that's Human nature. And I am also NOT supporting what the lady did on your Facebook page--like the saying goes: "Two Wrongs DON'T make a Right".

Coming to the specifics about her termination, you haven't mentioned ANYTHING about the PROCESS adopted. Like Raj Kumar mentioned--''the easier way of TERMINATION must have been taken'.

Were there any counselling sessions to get to the root of her problem/reason(s) for non-performance? The Best-case-Scenario answer seems to be: NOT sufficiently enough to make a difference. This is NOT TO SAY that every such sincere effort towards elevating the performance levels of an employee would bear fruit--but at least the process & effort MUST BE THERE for all to see.

You mentioned that you did all that you could do 'as her TL'. If you didn't find any improvement, was the matter referred to HR? If Yes, what was the result? If No, why not? Strictly speaking, such issues go into HR's domain automatically beyond a point--since they are 'supposed' to be better equipped to handle them.

And there's one pertinent point in this ex-employee's Facebook posting: she is targeting YOU & NOT THE Company. Does this point to anything?

Now let's look @ this scenario purely from a Human Psychology point-of-view. You mentioned 'I was completely startled on this comment'. IF you are ABSOLUTELY CLEAR in your conscience that you did whatever BEST you could do AND needed to be done, why should other's comments/remarks be a cause for any unhappiness INSIDE you?

Here I am NOT judging--but basic psychology indicates that there must have been something ELSE than just non-performance between both of you. The feelings like disappointment/unease/unhappiness arise ONLY when there WAS SOME INITIAL EXPECTATION at the sub-conscious level between BOTH persons. It's only in such scenarios that the negative/hurt feelings you mentioned come-up to the fore--this also includes what the other lady mentioned in YOUR Facebook page too. But what she does or doesn't do is NOT in your control & NEITHER IS IT your problem. That's for HER to figure-out & resolve.

As far as I can see, just follow what Raj Kumar mentioned: Disable the Tag. And then move on.

Quite often, something which we don't realize in the heat of the moment, just LETTING GO is the sure-shot solution. But that's something that's easier said than done.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Divya Chandarana

Dear RajKumar,

The employee was given several warnings on her performance and attitude by me and the Management.

As regards training her is concerned ,i was trying to help her all possible ways and mentoring her but she was not ready to put in efforts at all.

As per our policy we check the candidate performance for 3 months before deciding.

I had already received several feedback from management as well about her but i waited to check if she would improve.

By uninformed leaves i mean a leave of 45 days without any information.

She was not even bothered to answer calls from us.

She approached us back only after her salary was put on hold.

As far as adding her as friend is concerned i had done that when she was working with us.

I did not have any personal vengeance or a thought in mind to unfriend her after she was terminated from the co.

I am sure you would understand no TL would be happy terminating their team member but sometimes we have no options.

Anyways thanks for taking your time to share your views!!!!

Regards,

Divya

From India, Madras
Gurgaon HR

Dear Divya,
You have specifically written the name of the person from whom you need answer of your query, means you don't want suggestions form others. It shows your side too.
Writing bad on social media about someone is wrong no one will appreciate this but will you please answer yourself that how you know that much about the terminated employee?.. why you are following her so much? like where she joined and as what? why she is in your social media group?.. In three months of her job period on your company what corrective measures you have done to improve her performance?, how she knows that you wanna reached where she reached today? why she attacked you personally not the company?
Ask yourself and don't follow her just block her in your social media let her live, if she is not worthy then that will be in picture in new organisation.
Don't take it into heart -- just take it into mind.
Chill HR

From India, Gurgaon
Cite Contribution

Dear Divya,
You have found many suggestions. I am sure, you have your plan of action right now. I echo Samvedan, and request you to put a formal email to the employee in question asking for an apology and assurance of no such actions in future.
Do offer her a week's time to revert and mention it in the email, that if she doesn't, her employers would be informed about her actions.
This should mar a closure to this incident.

From India, Mumbai
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Divya

I thank you for your prompt response.

Since you tried your best, and, 45 days absence in a span of 3 months, is a bit too much too condone; it stands to reason that her termination was inevitable. One wonders though, how come she could not see it coming; or blame some one else (you) for something that was entirely her (un)doing.

Moreover, you have stated; "Just want to add that this employee was selected at another MNC BPO and since we had such bad experience with her i was just honest on the ref check because of which she was denied the job".

She is feeling further aggrieved that you gave her a negative reference, thus she was denied the job in an MNC BPO.

Now, this time you have rightly come to the conclusion that she has not shown her tenure with you; because there was no reference check request made to you !!!

As already suggested by (Cite Contribution), you can send her a mail letting her know that it was entirely her performance and unauthorised absence which led to her termination. You still thought of her as an ex-colleague, and continued to have her in your Friend's list; and you are happy that she has joined a good organization which appreciates her performance.

You can then request her to remove the offending comment. You can follow it up after a few days.

Alternatively, after repeated request if she does not comply; you can REPORT to Facebook through the report option.

You also have the liberty to UNFRIEND or better still; BLOCK her id.

If you find the above, inadequate; you can go ahead with other, more severe or vicious - deliberately cruel, actions. Like complaining to her current Employer that she has not disclosed her 3 months tenure with your company - where she was absent for half the period - thus effectively working for about a month and half.

In her expression of jubilation - happiness and triumph, she has placed herself in a vulnerable position; so your action depends entirely on your personal disposition.

However, other than the above, libel or defamation case may not stand, as there is insufficient ground for that. The comment may appear unpleasant, but will not make a good case for libel or defamation ;
"I am so happy that people are jealous about my career growth...especially my dear Team lead in my previous organisation...Thank you so much Divya Chandarana just because of your good intention....i missed an opportunity.... but got placed another MNC which you were not able to reach in your 7 years of Corporate career....God is always with the one who is humble at heart and treats other with the love what they have for themselves. At least hereafter don't play with others life and career which is important just like urs.... "

attribution https://www.citehr.com/470220-ex-emp...#ixzz2e5zqWTnA

One would still tend to think that it would be best, not to feel hurt at such comments; and to forgive and forget. After some time, you will appreciate yourself for this.

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Hardeep

Quite an interesting discussion and very good points. "Social Media " can be a very dangerous pit as many people / companies are increasingly finding out...

However, I'd like to add some caveats.. while ALL of us , no doubt, would like to right and fair- and give anyone all opportunities possible to "improve" - business imperatives dictate otherwise. That is why we have " ship up or shape out " policy And , generally, it is HR who has to manage this task, Howsoever skilfully done, it will still lead some bad taste - which is what is showing up here.

Secondly, the same terminated employee may be performing well elsewhere - work conditions, parameters, circumstances, environ, superiors all may differ. In fact, in " adversity lies opportunity " .. which this worker seems to have validated and is now communicating, albeit in a harsh manner and in a public forum.

If I was Divya I'd perhaps

1) Simply reply back to the worker on the same forum congratulating her about the opportunity she got and wishing her the best. That will show all the maturity Divya has to handle such situations publicly.

2) Send her a PM pointing out that her adverse public comments could only harm her career in the future since no one would like to hire her if they start fearing she'd badmouth them in the future. Perhaps some " common friends" could send her similar PMs, asking her to delete the message for the furtherance of her own career.

3) I think this should be sufficient. If she persists, Divya could/ should simply unfriend her and move on.... there are plenty adverse comments and discussions happening on all these Foras and taking the legal route is a very nebulous one, to say the least.If she wants, she can bring these comments to the attention of her Management - since it is their company which is being impacted after all - and let them take a further call.

From United States, New York
amodbobade

Hi Divya,
It is said that "Good living is the best revenge".
Yes.... just 'un-friend & block' her as suggested in above post.... Then she will not be able to see your profile, or comment it.
The more you try to involve / correct this matter, the more it will complicate.
People who try to put sarcastic comments on social media, generally do not dare to go beyond that..... Cut them off your life & you can live in peace again.
As far the new job is concerned, let the new employer worry about that.... If their profile matches her personality, then no harm done! Else, they will serve her what she deserves....
bypass such incidents, & focus on your primary concerns in life, which I am sure are different & more important....
Best Regards,
Amod Bobade.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.