hr.harini
Hi,

I work for a consultancy and we cater service to many of the CMM Level companies. There are instances that we come across that, the Hiring managers give us the details of the requirement saying that the position is too critical and we need to fill them up in 2 days. We struggle hard and convince the candidates to attend the interviews. After 2 rounds of the interviews the Hiring managers don’t gives us immediate feedback and when ever we call they say they are in a meeting or waiting for the feedback from the technical panel or even at times say that the candidate is short listed and waiting for the final approval.

The candidate keeps calling us to know his status and one day he says I have few more offers in my hand what should I do? We try explaining the situation to the Hiring Managers and they say we will reply you at the earliest. After a month or so they come up asking for the candidate, by then the candidate joined another company. So the whole process of interview has taken 2 months which was supposed to be completed in 2 days.

We loose precious candidates. :(

Can you please suggest why do such instances come across and what measures can be taken to give satisfactory service to both candidates and the client.

Harini

Hyderabad

From India, Hyderabad
K.Ravi

well u need to keep the HIRING managers happy, to keep ur consultancy going,, but in this u see that u dont spoil / break the career of candidates, give them the true reply,
and tell the hiring managers, that the candidates need feedback on the spot and request the Hiring manager to give the feedback , anyways u can always tell the hiring manager very sweetly that it is he who insisted on the candidate joining within 2 days and when u have painstakingly selected and bought a candidate that hiring manager is delaying ,,
so there wont be any candidate who would be waiting ..

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.