No Tags Found!

sushmachowdary

Hi Sonai,

I will suggest you to continue with the same job and try to convinice your employer by showing him the legal procedures mentioned in Law books and try to build up the small policies(Keeping in mind it should benefit to employee and employer)

And coming to leave policy i think the same policy is following by most of the companies but try to increase no of leaves per annum(its just an option to get employee satisfaction towards HR)

PF should covered to all the employee not considering the CTC but the amount will be deducted according to the CTC and the same amount should be contributed by employer also.

The employee who are getting less than 10,000 they are eligible for ESI as per the legal aspect ESI is mandatory for the employees who convered under that if we are not providing ESI card company will get legal note from the court.(So try to expalin this to management)

Make employees list according to department and paste it in registers make everybody sign in that before entering into work.

Keep in contact with the employees for theire quiries and suggetions.

Wishing you All the Best.....

Regards
Sushma

From India, Hyderabad
Gunjansingh_hr

Hi Sonia,
In the starting phase of the carrer we have to go through cetain difficulties.
One who overcome these dificulties are only achivers in their life.
I think you are the only one who can judge the situation correctly.
If you think your morals & ur ethics will no longer will move further with this job then do start looking for another job.
And if you think that you can make good changes in that organization then start bringing revolution.It also depends how the owner of that company is.
Most important thing which I will say you never be dishearted & don't take any disicusssion in hurry.
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR BRIGHTFUL FUTURE.:icon1:
Regards:
Ms Gunjan

From India, Delhi
alkahr
Dear sonai
i think you should continue with this job n slowly n gradually u should try to make them understnd the role of HR in organisation n how HR works n you have to handle the situation very smoothly as things will be fine as time goes by.

From India, Ahmadabad
jayanad
Yes, I think Rajiv is right, i am alos working in software compnay, and the same way y MD is prefer that indont need mediator between me and employee, initiall he dont prefer to keep even register also, but after 6 month he reliae that its wrong, so give ur employer time and try to explain him the legal liabilities
Regards
Jayana

From India, Ahmadabad
deepak0509
Hi, Sonia I guess the employer should keep a personal assistant instead of the HR. better u search sometime else and use your talent there. :icon6: pallavi
From India, Madras
maishmnair

I was going through the discussions. Let us look at the situation in a slightly different way. The biggest positive is the emplyer wanted to hire a HR and he hired one. So the bottom line is he want to do activities in his organization. Now situation might be worst but once you take up the responsibility you need slowly manage the show. Eventhough HR reports to boss but the biggest twist in hr is you need manage your boss expectaton also just like you manage any other employee.
I would suggest you following course of actions;

1. Talk, talk and again talk to your management.
2. Try to understand their prespective as clearly as possible, if there is any doubt again talk.
3. Talk to employees in general, one o one, and get their feedback. You have to understand their prespective also.

Now, you have to study both side and appropriately implement HR policies. We need to understand HR is a framwork. We need to make policies according to your organizations budget, culture, and management vision. (But at the same time, law is law, that is not a frame work.) But other aspects you need to do according to the need of the hour. i.e. do not go by your asumption. You should have data to suppliment it for anything and everything you talk to your management.

Personally I believe you can do it, dont get dejected we cannot deserve to get dejected, we have to be self motivated. We need to find out the smallest available positives and feel as if you are in heaven. Good Luck to you.

Manish M Nair

From India, Ernakulam
mustafamk
Hi Sonai,
well this is a little similar situation for me. even i am working in a IT company which has nearly 80 employees.
here the management is fighting with each other and also they want that employes work as per their comforts.
even if we initiate some HR practice very little co-operation is recieved from the mgmt.
i would suggest that u do not change your job, currently just focused your self on the day to day activities and do as your boss says.
later u could just explain him the pros and cons of the legalities which might help you to convince him.
Regards,
Mustufa

From India, Mumbai
Haripriyachalla
Hello,
Don't ever think to change your job coz this is what you will face whereever you go.This is a very good learning phase for you. With 2 yrs of experience in such an environment, I am sure Hr job would be a cake walk for you. Dont ever get scared of any situation.Try to handle the situation and not escape from it.Like someone said start doing things which are comletely under your control and keep your employer informed.whether they like it or not, appreciate it or not. you just do your job and keep them informed.I am sure they would surely realise the importance of this data/information over a period of time.
Set up a weekly/monthly dashboard like head count,various depts,attendance,late comers data/people who are stretching etc...
Good Luck to you.
We all are there for you......

From India, New Delhi
sandeep.bahuguna

Hi Sonai,
Its not only about you, Its about every person who is working with small or middle size company but I am impressed the way Mr. Partho has replied. Every stage is experience for us and we should look it as exposure for our life. Now on, you have answer that how HR works in small companies.
If you look at the other phase of this issue, you are getting an opportunity to learn and to initiate the processes.
Thanks,
Sandeep Bahuguna

From India, Gurgaon
Pro
Hi Sonai..
U have put down ur problem really well.. HR professionals are generally met with strong opposition from senior management. The extent of opposition depends from company to company !
In ur situation, its best to adjust with the current atmosphere of the office.. Flow with organization culture as of now.. At the same time, dont loose ur vision.. Whatever flaws u have pointed out in ur existing firm, shows ur excellence as an HR professional..
Once when u adjust properly to the office as well as city.. Start looking out for better opportunity..I wud not recommend u to do this immediately, since u r new to this place.
All the best !

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.