ManiniPant
Let's not mix up the conventions and the internal policy matters with the law. I do agree it is important to have equity in the procedures for all levels. However, terming it as law would be bit far fetched.
If the company wishes it can do away with the attendance register all together. In many organizations the practice of signing the attendance register doesn't exist.
If we all are self disciplined and the good practices are internalized then there would be no need of signing the attendance register. And in Indian conditions it doesn't happen so easily and many will abuse the doing away of signing the attendance register.

From India, Warangal
sunil_boy75@yahoo.co.in
dear all which forms use for attendance register,register of wages,register of minimum wages . PLs reply ASp regards sunil
From India, Delhi
sunil_boy75@yahoo.co.in
Dear all Pls suggest me how much maximum over time can have a employee in a month according to factory act. regards sunil
From India, Delhi
R.N.Khola

Dear Sunil,
First decide which of the Act is applicable to your establishment in relation to maintenance of these registers & then go through your applicable central or state Rules to find out the formats for maintaining these registers.
Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
sekhars111

Dear R N Khola sir,
Pls let me know under what act and section does this attendance register comes when a person not signing we can take action. He draws a good amount every month say 50- 60 thousand and does not sign the attendance register.
regards,
rajan

From India, Madras
R.N.Khola

Dear Rajan,
First examine out of a number of labour laws under which of the Act you are to maintain attendance register & then see whether there is a provision to put signature on this register under that Act & Rules. Attendance register/ muster roll are required to be maintained under Minimum Wages Act, Factories Act, Contract Labour (R&A) Act, State Shops & Establishment Act etc. I do not know about the other states but in Haryana under The Punjab Shops & Commercial Establishment Rules, 1958 we are required to maintain attendance register in Form “C” wherein the employer & employee are to put their signatures. This register is required to be maintained under Rule 5 of these Rules.
R.N.KHOLA

(M)09810405361www.skylarkassociates.com/

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.