sanjay.flexione
Dear HR Professionals, I am facing an issue with the EPS contribution of my previous company. During the pandemic, I had to leave the company and withdraw the online PF amount because of the layoff, but the EPS amount was not withdrawn. The DOE of my last organization was 16th Feb 2020, and I was a member of EPS & EPF from 14th Oct 2013. Joined new organization in march 2022 with the Previous UAN no but my PF consultant has not added me in EPS member understanding that I have withdrawn all my EPF & EPS. I want to withdraw my old EPS money, which is impossible online.

Physically, I have submitted the EPS withdrawals, but the old PF office (Kandivali) is denying that. They are saying they will send mail to the new PF office (Vashi) to add you as an EPS member with a new organization. The new PF office (Vashi) refuses to add me to EPS. Please suggest what should be done in this case. I am open to withdrawing or carrying forward the same in the new organization. Please advise.

From India, Mumbai
shuaibims

Navigating the complexities of the Employees' Pension Scheme (EPS) withdrawal or transfer, especially after a job change, can be challenging. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to address your situation:

Clarification on EPS Withdrawal: Typically, the EPS amount cannot be withdrawn if you have been a member for more than 10 years or if you are currently employed and contributing to the EPF/EPS. In your case, since you were a member from October 2013 to February 2020, you are below the 10-year mark, which generally allows for EPS withdrawal under certain conditions.

EPS Transfer: Ideally, when you join a new organization and are already a member of the EPF/EPS, your pension contributions should be transferred to the new account rather than withdrawn. This ensures the continuity of your pension eligibility.

Resolution with PF Offices: Since there seems to be a communication issue between the Kandivali and Vashi PF offices regarding your EPS membership and contributions, consider taking the following steps:

Written Communication: Draft a formal letter to both PF offices, clearly outlining your situation, your attempts to resolve the issue, and what you are seeking (withdrawal or transfer of EPS). Include all relevant details like your UAN, previous and current membership periods, and any correspondence or submissions you have made.
EPFO Grievance Cell: If the PF offices are unable to resolve your issue, you can file a grievance with the EPFO Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS) at https://epfigms.gov.in/. Provide all the necessary details of your case and attach copies of your communications with the PF offices.
Follow-Up: Regularly follow up on your grievance through the EPFiGMS portal and maintain a record of all communications.
Consultation: It may be beneficial to consult with a PF consultant or a legal expert specializing in employment and labor law to get personalized advice and assistance in navigating this issue. They can provide guidance on the best course of action, whether it's pursuing the withdrawal or ensuring the transfer of your EPS contributions to your current account.

Documentation: Ensure that you have all your employment and PF/EPS documents organized, including your PF statements, UAN details, employment letters, and any correspondence with the PF offices or your employers. These documents will be crucial for any formal proceedings.

Given the complexities involved, the key is to persistently follow up and seek the necessary interventions, either through the EPFO grievance mechanism or with the assistance of a professional, to ensure your EPS contributions are appropriately handled.

Hope this information may be useful and helpful.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.