Anand Shukla
Let's keep it short and simple... Technically we call it KISS. Okay jokes apart. See, dear friend communication is not a rocket science. It's an art and it will take long time to learn this art. An overnight change would be just like a day dreaming.
Let me hit right on the head of the nail. English commincation servives on two pillars - Verbs and Tenses. Make list of all verbs ad learn how tenses work in english. That's it. No big deal at all.
As far as your fear is concerned. Its not that, you can not communicate. Its infact a fear of finding a word in your mind before you say. So make a list of ( Your Native ) - English words. Especially the verbs.
Work on it. And do send me $ 699.99 as check/ draft or cash. Once you succeed. Lol.... Keep it with bro I was just kidding...
Andy - No man is expert no man is novice even.

From India, Lucknow
Raj Kumari

Hi Ramesh
Here you find many peoples, who are guiding you. But you have to take a action, only action can change your communication. I am also MBA Student and facing lots of problem regarding that but I have always try to learn. Before two years, my english was very poor but now i improve myself with skill communication due to my determination. If you can committ urself definately you will impove urself. There are various methods but you should follow and impliment. Dont loose ur heart. If u loose than u lost. So fight with you fear and follow all instruction to given members.
All the best.
With best regards,
Raj

From India, Delhi
Ellis

Dear Ramesh, As a professional Communication Skills and Language trainer,I know of innumerable people like you sailing in the same boat. You have invested in yourself by completing your MBA. Now go a step further by enrolling in a good institute where you can brush up on your grammar, which I must say is rather poor.
Linda Trevino, a professor of Management has this to say: "MBA is often seen as a ticket to more lucrative employment, so perhaps getting the degree is more important to them than the knowledge gained along the way." In fact it is just a glorified business degree. However, you could also surf the web and you will find a lot of free English learning sites. All the best.

From India, Hyderabad
Ellis

I’m sorry to add that the English used by most people on this site are awful. Sorry, but no offence meant.
From India, Hyderabad
takhva
hey Ramesh!
What I can tell you is that you'll truly learn those things that you would find interesting. Reading is a great way to learn. Think about a topic that truly interests you, then find an English book on it and start reading. You should start small, that is you should read short books first. If getting books is a problem try newspapers. Read those stories which you find interesting. The point is-
a) read`things you find interesting and,
b) read as much as you can
sab log seekh jatey hain. kuch pehle, kuch baad mein.

From India, Aligarh
M.J.SUBRAMANYAM

Dear Ramesh,
Do you want to learn Enlgish very quickly? The best way- at least it appears to me- (and I suppose you are not married) is to marry an Anglo_Indian girl or a girl who can speak only English and no other language! You will be forced to learn the English language not only by compulsion but also she will teach with all love and love makes learning English very easy for you.
Please don't it seriously. This is only a suggestion.Otherwise, others have you given really good advice in this regard. Follow them meticulously.
M.J. SUBRAMANYAM, CHENNAI

From India, Bangalore
K.Dinakar Kamath
My English education started in the Fifth standard in a remote rural govt.school.

I started reading Dictionary Cambridge Dictionary College Edition.Literally reading each and every word from it and then writing it down with all its meaning synonyms and antonyms.

Then started writing down all my thoughts to the best of my abilities and then continuously improving it.

Wren and Martin with its Keys helped to a great extent to right my grammer.But let me make very clear that it was my obsession to learn English as a language in its all facets that continued all through and till date that made all the difference.

But only regret is that as I have not studied the languaget in a systematic way, I still make a lot of unintended slip of tongues and errors.

Then about speaking, started thinking in English and then expressing it, initially with hesitation and mistakes in pronounciation and without fluency.But when you have done your home work,developed a love for the language and when you really started enjoying it ,nothing will stop you from becoming master of that language.

Reading Readers Digest and English Newspapers (The Hindu) also greatly helped me to learn correct usage of words and a lot of general knowledge. This gave me topics to talk to and contribute in discussions.

But continue to write write and write your thoughts .This will tremendously help you to train your thoughts, exact your expressions and put words aptly.What more you want!But unfortunately no shortcuts.Good Luck.

From India, Bangalore
satnam_bai@yahoo.co.
Hello sir,
I think for improving english lot of friends have given the suggestions.But one thing i don't understand when you said i am as like as any MSW. What do you think about MSW. This is also a professional degree. If you have any misconception regarding MSW, contact me (9501760135) and for your kind information i also belong to moderate village family. As i think i have good command on english and i am an MSW student. MBA doesn't mean that you are superior come on the ground reality then talk.
Regards
S....

From India, New Delhi
dalwinder
hi
i am also from village back ground, when i went to Bangalore i started speaking with other person, only in English that why i have pick it up. when i come back from work i listen discussion and advices given to person on t v show in various channels. communication chat with two person especially interview will be great help to you.

From India, Ludhiana
Usuf Ali

Hi Ramesh,
So many people have given very good suggestions. I find the suggestion of Avin practical and applicable. Try to speak in front of mirror. Try to read the letters appearing in Letters to Editor column of any English Newspapers. For correct pronunciations, go to this site
Free demo to create avatars using Text-to-Speech (TTS) by SitePal
U may practice by talking to your close friends who would not mind with small small sentences.
Wishing u all the best.
Usuf Ali
Chennai / 20091226
"The winner finds solution to every problem; the loser finds problem in every solution"

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.