No Tags Found!

pranati

im not sure i may be wrong but if they have not given you an appointment letter what proof they have that you joinied???
From India, Mumbai
harikeyel
Hello,
If they have not issued appointment letter and if you have not signed any other document with these clauses during your induction you are absolutely safe. An offer letter is nothing but an offer made by your company and the labour law says that they have to give you an appointment letter stating all the terms and conditions of employment.
I would suggest you even not to pay the notice pay as your employer has not appointed you.
Regards and cheers
Harikeyel

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Rahul_MCA
Pranati/harikeyel
Thanks for your replies, yes they have not issued me any appointment letter, but is it mandatory to issue an appointment letter bevause I have signed the offer letter and returned it to them.
Also I have signed the usual documents such as Non-Disclosure Agreements and all that during my induction which tells that I was in the company for some time.
I dont want it as a black mark in my carreer, do you think if I will ask them to just accept the notice pay they wil be ready for that.

harikeyel
Hi,
It is important to issue an appointment letter. Accepting the offer does not deem that you have been appointed.
Now if you think of leaving the company in a peace ful manner, it is important to take them into confidence by presenting the matter in some other way(like some personal matter etc.)
regards

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
richa_ferns

Hi
You are completely safe as you have not been issued an appointment letter.
You also need not pay any notice period compensation. If companies cannot follow their own policies they cannot expect employees to do the same. Without issuing an appointment letter, they cannot claim damages and / or compensation.
This company may be a big name, but it also shows how slack their policies are. They have woken up after a deep slumber and thought of making some quick bucks. Reflects very poorly.
Take it off your mind, you are on the right side of the law. DONT pay any money.
Richa

From India, Pune
pmpatel

Hi Sneha,
If you have entered into contract of employment specifying notice period or there is a clause in employment letter about bond period then you can claim compensation for breach of contract.
Your employment contract is foundation of law suit.
P M Patel

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.