No Tags Found!

Falak
Hi,

Couple of points which I want to add:
  • Always be sure of the JDs sent by the client, when you receive the details from your coordinator, go through the JDs in detail and prepare a list of questions/doubts. Request your coordinator to have a concall with the client & clear all your doubts.
  • Best time to call a candidate is on weekdays between 10 am- 4 pm, preferably call them during lunch.
  • If they are not taking your call, they might be busy call again later
  • If he has told you to contact at a schedule then make sure you call the candidate at the stipulated time.
  • A candidate talking rudely is quite common, they might be having a bad day or might be busy or you might have interrupted them or maybe they might be expecting an important call & received your call instead, reasons can be endless. What you need to do is HANDLE THEM WITH CARE
  • When you make a call always start by a brief self introduction, followed by taking a permission to take some time of the candidate followed by the reason for your call.
In the end I want to say Patience is the key to success, if you want to make "BIG BUCKS" you will do that by following the right method but you would have to wait till your profiles match the clients. If money is the only reason you have joined recruitments for you should re-consider your decision. Cause you have to be interested in recruitments to make it Big. Also no one can guarantee and give you a sure shot formula of success in recruitments, you have to follow the right process & wait for your efforts to flower.

Hope I made some sense.

Falak

From India, Delhi
phoenix129in
Hi Ravi,

I have been a recruiter for a consultancy. You should basically concentrate more on closing the position rather than seeing the extra incentives which follows in (of course u should but it’s a bit early coz u started newly in this field). You can call up the candidate anytime, be calm and compost because you are telling him/her about the job opening. Pick up good potential candidate from the portal, screen them so that u’r hit ratio is good and more.

Know duplicates or conflicts can be found by the companies whom you are supplying them with candidates resume, coz they might be in there database, you can take care of this situation by asking the candidates whether they had anytime attended the interview with that company you are targeting.

You can email (send them the JD's and url of the company for whom you are recruiting) or SMS them but the probability of you converting a candidate into an asset becomes less. So best of luck, hope this advice helped you.

Regards
phoenix129in

From India, Mumbai
ashish_gottlieb
Hi all ,
As all the companies are used to work with many consultants and they share their requirements with all the consultants at a time. I think to get big pie of requirements we need to work very specific & have to target the competitors of companies if they hire from there.
Shortlisting problem comes when the candidates Resume are not up to the mark & this is the major factor of rejection at the initial stage.
I will be glad if somebody share his/her head hunting methods...:icon1:

From India, Bhopal
trupti.khare

Hi Ravi!
Even i used to hesitate earlier to call people for interview.You just be positive and confident.Call them and give them proper details of JOB Opening.
And after practice and daily work you will be used to call people.

From India, Pune
sivapaparao
Hi Ravi,

I really empathize with you for the passion you have for the new job, but for the so called HR's fault.

As far as my opinion is concerned, a job is equally important for both the organization as well as the candidate.

So when you are sourcing the profiles, you will have to first identify the channel for sourcing.

-Once you find the profile, see if that person's profile is active
-Go through the resume and check for all the factors mentioned in the job description
-Then call up the candidate and ask questions as per the job description to see if what he says in consistent with the details in his resume and also the job description
-Then the next set of questions should be at the soft skills required in the JD.

Once you are satisfied with all these things, it to your coordinator.

When you are sourcing the profile, you really cant assess, whether the candidate is technically sound if you dont have the knowledge of that domain.

Even if you dont know the technical part of it, you might reject a few resumes based on certain criteria after talking to the candidate and send only 1 out of the four resumes to the client. In that case that candidate might also feel the same way that you (recruiter being a part of HR) did ask very simple questions and rejected it.

You have to know both the sides of the story. If you are taking a decision that HR did not do a good job, based on the candidate's feedback, then i might beg to differ with you that due to HR's feedback the candidate did not get the job, as there are a lot of things that go on in the interview.

At the same time i am not saying that the candidate might not be telling the truth.

For example, if for the common question that what were your roles and responsibilities, being an RM, if he only says i did this frequently without giving credit to his team, it definitely means that he is self centric. So he might not have given you the answer.

I am saying this because i feel that a Manager is only as good as his team.

IF nothing happened like this, then i can agree that the HR is at fault and it is a very unfortunate incident.

Thanks and regards

From India, Mumbai
rohitminton
Hi,
With my experience, i would suggest you few points.
Junior/Middle Positions - You can opt for SMS, but this lacks the personal touch so prepare a nice mail draft with the JD and send it across to them through any of the mass mailing software. For middle level, this is certainly a better way.
Senior Positions -SMS is a BIG NO. Don't use SMS at all. Rather do a soft call or Cold Call and keep in mind that you are not a recruiter at that point of time but try to be a counsellor. This will help you in creating a rapport.
I hope you will find these useful.
Regards,
Rohit

From India, Bangalore
arunsinghmistry_2007
Hi People,
Recently I am joined a recruitment firm working for Insurance recruitment, whenever I call people for insurance profile, People cut there phones or say sorry not interested in Insurance, Please give me advice for closing position in insurnace
Thanks
Arunsingh

Navin Rane

Hey Nice thread...

Been handling A consultancy for some time...

Id start from as to why we do not end up with closures so often,...

Most recruiters lack focus due to the kind of job it is. The job may look easy but is extremely demanding... I agree, the job is monotonous and frustrating. Very often a couple of bad days can lower the level of optimism a Recruiter has.

If planned in the right manner it is possible for every recruiter to meet hi/her targets.
Here is how we can do it-
1 List the positions vacant with you.
2 Coordinate closely with your coordinator, a good rapport with the client HR is of utmost importance..
3 Depending on the rapport and positions rate the vacant positions.
e.g. Graphic Designer- A, Software Engineer-A, Sales Executive- C, Sales Manager- B etc
Where in A being the easier positions with earlier expected closures.

I recommend the recruiter to hunt and coordinate rather than having a separate coordinator. This keeps the recruiter involved and assures more control while discussing the candidature.
4 Allot slots for the various positions you have. Do not waste a lot of time in a day on one particular position. Move on to the next position incase you are stuck at one.
5 Commit your self- the number of appropriate profiles you need to pull in a day. Ensure you stick to quality ie adherence to the JD
6As a recruiter you are bound to have issues where in either the clients or the candidate takes a step backwards. My suggestion, dont get bogged down. Have a cup of coffee, rebuild your mind and fire in again. Blaming or cribbing is only going to lower your performance.

7. In a nutshell being positive and directing your effort in the right direction is most important, ofcourse that included the points put forward by other members like sticking to the JD etc.

From India, Mumbai
bhatiapal
Hope you are starting the call with a good rapport building. Asking if the person has some time and you are not disturbing him/her. If he/she is busy ask for a suitable time and give a call at the desired time.
Wishing you all the best in your hunting.

From India, Delhi
Shilpi_HR

Hi ravi,
so many replies you received now i think you understood that attitude and approacjh is important before giving a call, I should tell that giving a call around 7-8 in evening also help as most people are out of office and not yet fully engaged in personal life so they listen to your call and respond. During office hours they are busy and even late evenning they dont want to get disturbed during their personal life so I think thats time you can target. It works for me.
Wishing you all the best.
Regards,
Shilpi

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.