growmore-consultant
Dear all, My manager has not approved my leave. HR knows that I am COVID positive and my condition is critical. I can't visit the branch to regularise my attendance. As discussed with Hr, he informed me that my manager will apply leave and will approve from his end but he has not done the same. I regularly follow up but he did not pick up my phone, even did not reply to messages - he doing intentionally - I am in a financial crises so can’t afford to survive without the salary in this pandemic situation plz do the needful what I do Hr said he can't force the supervisor to input sick leave and approve.
From India, Chittaurgarh
KK!HR

You may follow up using other contacts, like requesting your colleagues to put in a word in your favour, speak to higher-ups above your manager, take up through HR request them for help etc. In case there is a trade union in the set-up you can use them too. As a last resort I would suggest using the office of Collector/Commissioner, the Government machinery.
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

What is happening with you is unfortunate. Sometimes we have to face a mix of unfavourable events as well as unfavourable actions of the seniors. Anyway, do not lose your spirit.

I recommend you prepare a hand-written application for the leave. In this application, write down when you were infected with the COVID-19, what kind of treatment you are taking etc. If you are able to take the printout, then attach the copy of the medical report that shows you are COVID-19 + Send the letter by Speed Post to your company. Later, scan the copy of the letter along with the receipt from the post office, and send the application to HR and write to him that you had approached your HOD, however, you are yet to receive approval for the leave hence the application. If you do not receive a reply from HR, then send one more letter to the MD of the company. However, do not rush to send the application to the MD. Wait for 3-4 days since you sent the first application to HR. I Hope you get a positive reply from the MD.

General Comments: - Across India, the second wave of the COVID-19 is on the rage in India. Against this backdrop, if some employee is in distress due to COVID-19 infection, HR is supposed to stand by the employee. As a representative of the employees, they should take up the work on behalf of the employee. However, if HR sits duck, then it is very unfortunate.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

You make an application for leave to HR by attaching the medical report to sanction from your quota of leave.
From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

I am a little surprised by the attitude of the company.
In all the cases I am seeing, the employers are more than happy to give leave the moment the employee informs them they are sick, even without waiting for a covid test. If they come to the office, they are likely to force more people to take sick leave or get quarantined

You need to formally send a letter to the company informing them of your infection and ask them to grant you paid leave for the period till the doctor allows you to go to office.

In Maharashtra the government has ordered that anyone who is infected by COVID will be given full pay till recovery. Your state may have a similar clause. I suggest you check the notification issued by the government.

Further, you can call 1075 (covid help desk) and take their advice on the fact that your company is refusing to grant the leave until you come to the office and inform them how risky that is. It is likely the District Collector will issue a warning to the employer

From India, Mumbai
S. KUMAR

Dear

You are suffering from Covid and your senior as well HR is not cooperating with you,it is very bad management practice.Even small shop owners are understanding the problem.
Although You should prepare a leave application and enclosed your Doctor prescription,Test reports,Medicine bill and send it to your senior and cc it to your HR.
I hope if your senior is a human being must consider your problem. If not you can show your intimation letter to Top management.
Let do not get frustrated,believe in God,if you are right he will definitely support you. Let get well soon.

Thanks
S.Kumar

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.