No Tags Found!

chrgrvshrm
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have done regular M.Com in 2009 and MBA-Hr (1 year distance learning programme) in 2009 itself. Also have five months of corporate experience in Human resource management.
I wanted to write NET this year in "Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management" Subject.
Please confirm, whether i can apply in NET with above mentioned subject or not?
Also, share dates of upcoming NET exam.
Looking forward to your positive response.
Best Regards,
Charu Sharma.

From India, Mumbai
adityasoak

Hi- anonymous. I wonder why u chose to not disclose ur identity. It's a well thought out question and I will try and reply to you in earnest. I have, in the past, written on this forum about the MBA bubble that has burst in India; especially in the last few years and we now see every second person is or is doing an MBA. I am a victim (but I donot want to blame others, and take full responsibility of my actions) of this MBA bandwagon as well; where I have passed out in 2014 as MBA HR (NOT from a reputed institute) and now bearing the brunt of the economic condition and the excess of MBAs flying around everywhere.

Let me give u my thoughts; they may be flawed but I have come to believe in them as a result of my own experiences and thought process. The fundamental question u have asked is what success depends on. I feel the very definition of success is a subjective and relative one. However, if I take success in its most conventional, i.e. money, secured job, good education, good family etc; then many of these things depend of what type of education u take (among many other things). And that applies to which B School u go to. Of course, there are other factors like ambition, clarity of thought, efforts, networking and people skills, communication and luck. It is safe to say that these, combined with a good B-School can be a sure shot formula for success. As I mentioned earlier, this success is a very conventional one and people have different ideas of success.

Coming back to your question, I feel in this economic condition, spending approx 5 lacs for MBA from a not so reputed institute will be a complete waste of money and time. Instead, a wise decision would be to look for another job, improve urself (I can see u can improve ur english more) and strive to do better. MBA is not the be all and end all of one's career. More important are the values that an MBA teaches u, which is people mgmt, communication, public speaking, organising skills etc.

Hope my long reply would help you.

From India, Mumbai
citizen1502

Dear All,

After reading the chain of conversation i would like to share my thought as well.

According to Kishore's statement "You can be a Professional Giant" only if you have both (Degree from famous B Schools & thorough professional knowledge)

Again it is based on industry standards because "IT & ITES" sector are giving more salary when compare to any other industry

If you are a well equipped person obviously you can be hired in (Big 5's) but for a lower cadre.

The reason being is "If you look at the jobs posted especially for HR" in few websites especially if they are hiring for Big MNC's they specifically have a line stating "Need candidates from Tier - I institutes only" and because of this so many people couldnt apply for it (includes me as well :) irrespective of the knowledge which they possess.

As per the research Mr. Kishore you are write. But you can even get more salaries even in smaller companies based on the work knowledge, loyalty, dedication towards organization growth etc...

Finally as per Mr. Jade's recommendation you need to check on the feasibility of doing it as part time as it should not affect the productivity at any time

My suggestion would be even if you are opting to pursue over part time or distance make it in a reputed institution which offers the same.

Hope I clarified you. Have a great day :)

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.