No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi I joined my current organization in May 2018 with position A in City A.

In 2022 I applied for IJP and got transferred to City B with postion B since June 2022.

Now in CIty A I had a separate pf account number
in CITY B now I have separate pf account Number.

I have completed 5 years in this organization.

Am I eligible for Gratuity if I resign now?

Will I get Gratutity in my FnF once I resign?

From India, Kolkata
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

If both Company's are same (branches ) or sister concerns they should consider your total service period as continuity of service and should consider for gratuity. Hope you have been issued with transfer order and not fresh appointment order.
But as you claim separate PF number for A and B companies it looks like they are separate entities under one Employer. Still your request for Gratuity can be considered by your employer as they are group Companies.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
I did receive an IJT letter.

Both are different locations under same organzation.

Below the letter I received during my transfer

Subject: Lateral Movement

Dear _,

We are pleased to inform that you have been laterally transitioned to Team “_” with effect June 24, 2022. Your designation has been changed
from “A” to “B”. All other terms and conditions of your employment with the company remain unchanged.
Please note that you would be under probation for the period of 6 months and would be
confirmed for the respective position of “B” post a successful review.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for future.
Looking forward to a long and fruitful association with XYZ India Pvt. Ltd. family.

From India, Kolkata
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi What is IJT? You should be eligible for Gratuity. Probably you could have obtained service continuity letter from Company A for the purpose of Gratuity.
From India, Madras
jeevarathnam

Any Internal Job Transfers should not require probation period & no need of confirmation of the employment as you are already confirmed employee.

IJT is just position change & location change, your EPF number also should remain same. They mentioned as all employment terms & conditions will remain same. As only transfer with in the organisation your employment tenure will continue & there won't be any impact in gratuity.

From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

Merely because there was separate PF no. assigned will not deprive you of gratuity, you are eligible to get gratuity reckoning continuous service from 2018.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Thank you for your responses.

While transfer this is the letter I received from Location A

Date: June 17, 2022

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. _ was employed with XYZ India Pvt.Ltd, Mumbai from May 2018 to June 2022. His last designation at XYZ Pvt. Ltd. was “postion A”. During his tenure he has proved himself worthy, hardworking and sincere.

Further to his request for Transfer from City A to City B Office, he is being relieved
from the official duties of Position A at City A Office with effect from the closing hours of June 2022. He is transferred to XYZ Pvt. Ltd, City B.

We wish him all the best for his future and assure our constant support.

From India, Kolkata
Anonymous
Since I got transferred in the mid of the month hence I also received an FnF calculation from the City A office which had calculation of the 15 days I worked in City A office.

hence i am confused whether I will be eligible for Gratuity

From India, Kolkata
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

To reinstate being same group companies they should consider service continuity.

The letter is bit perplex. Better took a service continuity letter from Company A stating that " for the purpose of Gratuity calculation your joining date with Company _______ will be considered. "

From India, Madras
nanu1953

The transfer letter is technically not proper. It should be addressed to employee instead To whom it may concern. Moreover, it has been mentioned that as per the request of the employee he has been transferred which indicates that the transfer order is as per request of the employee and employer has not initiated for the transfer. It is also not mentioned that all other terms and conditions of the employment will remain unaltered.

If the both organizations has different identity ( different balance sheet etc.) , the organization may refuse to pay gratuity. If it is same organization for all practical purpose, the employee should get gratuity.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531

USD HR Solutions – To Strive towards excellence with effort and integrity

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.