No Tags Found!

psdhingra

Dear Mani,
Raj Kumar's observation is correct. You may need to provide more info on his queries. However, if the boy is having such evidence with him, the punishment being quite harsh, can certainly help him, rather would help much more to the girl. But, if there is any other evidence about girl's termination case, that can be helpful in proper analysis of the case with respect to their mutual interests vis-a-vis the position of the HR department.
Another thing, can the boy and girl get hold of the written statements of the two associates from the TAG Team who had witnessed the incident? That can help more to defend themselves against the evidence of those persons. Atually, before giving their statements
Anyway, had you given all the related information at the very first instance the thread would not have stretched so long and you would have got clearer opinions of the members, rather than on individual positive and negative guess based responses.
PS Dhingra

From India, Delhi
manikandan06

This mail was sent from a junior HR to his immediate reporting HR.its just for record sake he sent it to his immediateHR.frst my friends were investigated by these 2 HR and they only created all the story around it,Since our manager spoke to them in a bit sound manner to leave us.Seeing our manager intervention they took it to the director of HR and panel members, presented the matter such that it looks violant,as i stated earlier they mentioned that girl went crying on getting the slap.which never happened.my friends didnt had any communication with Other HR apart from these 2 HR.the dicision was taken only on how these 2 HR presented this matter to others.

From India, Madras
rajasekar73217
Dear Brinda Dont mistake me, I am not criticizing all HR’s, I was pointing out only those people who did evil to these young buds. Regards Rajasekar
From India, Coimbatore
V.Murali

Dear Mr.Manikandan,
This is not the correct decision taken by the Management. According to me a warning letter would have been issued for not repeating the mistake once again. If they repeat again then proper action may be taken.
Regards
V.Murali

From India, Vadodara
surajn
Hi,
Sorry for late response.Whateven happened in cafearea its a co-incident.May be the HR Department has some policies which is mandatory for every employee but the punishment which has given to these two employees is very hard which they are not suppose to get.HR Department may have some policies but there is something beyond the policies which is known as understanding the situation and also the good relationship with because they are the human being is an important resource of any orgaisation.Its really very bad what has happened with these two employees though their mistake is not as serious as the punishment given to them.Its a request from the HR Department to review the decision and get back these two employees on the board with an warning.It will help the HR Department to Improve their image in the Organisation because if the HR Department behave like a dictator ,than in today's world their is no place for dictatorship so please my HR Friends review your decision and improve your image
Regards,
Suraj

From India
dalwinder
girl will get bad name, no boy will get it , think before taking decision, this is india- sita it is still follows.reputation or bad name spread faster then light.
From India, Ludhiana
Elisante Yona

Dear,
Disciplinary measures should be graduated one,
Do you think the issue was serious offence or minor one,
So to me,I think this is wrong,the employee could be given warning letter instead of terminating them,afterall that issue was their first act.
With best regards,

From Tanzania
ramamurthyn

i still strongly believe that a male employee under whatever the provocation be it, cannot slap a female employee in work place...canteen included... wud he hv slapped if it was a male co worker.... the punishment is correctly given but i feel the female employee need not hv been asked to go..... u hv to draw a line somewhere in disciplinary matters....
From India, Bangalore
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Thanks for your opinion. I tend to agree. The female employee is the 'victim' and assuch should not have been subjected to this harsh punishment. Warm regards.
From India, Delhi
samvedan

Hello,

While I entirely agree that each employee is bund to maintain decency, deignity and decorum not only in office but in fact always, and find that in the instant case the boy and girl have violated this basic requirement. At least they have been honest in admitting what they did and committed in writing to the HR.

If the following statement (excerpted from the original mail is indee true, then the HR has CHEATED both the employees. He has misled them and has used authority in a most vindictively manner.

"HR called both of them and asked them to write appology letter

stating the incident to avoid punishment."

In the instant case even the principle of natural justice have been violated by the HR and the company.

You cannot punish anyone without extending an opportunity to be heard on the charges levelled. In the instant case no charges have been levelled and termination is apparently based on an honest admission fradulently obtained by the HR.

I suggest that the persons in questions rasie a grievance tight to the top level ofthe organization. In all probability they will not be heard, but they must make an attempt. They must also realise that this was NOT the right organixation, culturally speaking, where the HR CHEATS, the organizational system is blind, callous and vindictive.

Having said this, I still feel that the couple ought not have behaved like they dis, even in the cafe-teria.

Regards to all,

samvedan

March 19, 2011

----------------

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.